DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm the new guy who knows nothing about audio..

I'm an owner of a 05 scion tC and a 08 Toyota Tundra.. Audio on both is bone stock but I'd like to get working on the tC first.

the tC over the past weekend was deaden-ed with edeadv3 liquid as well as the eDead 80 mats from Elemental Designs top to bottom.

6.5 in the front and 5.25 in the back and I'm interested in a 10" sub enclosure i found in eddesigns below

Nothings finalized yet but I want to get some opinions on "dsl ultimate up6i" up front. For the enclosure, it comes with the 10" flat from edesigns but I may be looking into something else.. not sure yet. Hope to learn more here when I can make time at work.

·
Banned
1,808 Posts
You don't know it, but you're dead already. :laugh::devil::z::fireman:

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
I have run UP6 a number of times and they sound good. The UP6i I have not heard.

Ben's site tell you the volume of the eD sub enclosure?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
man.. its like you guys speak a different language because im already lost, haha

as for the DLS.. I've listen to them and they just hit/sound great. the other ones I listened to were the Focal 165V1. These were a little softer to me compared to the dls's. If you have some other suggestions, of course I'd rather look into that route and save me some money to put towards an amp which i know nothing about either..

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
head to toe e-dead = fail

it's the wrong way to go about sound deadening

---

Try building your own enclosure - it'll be more rewarding.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
ok.. maybe not head to toe.. haha, more like just the doors and trunk for now. I have a ton of materials left in case I find any other issues. As for building an enclosure, I really know nothing about it yet, so I'll do more research here. like in your signature links!

·
Registered
7,406 Posts
They make pills to combat eD.. I hear they work great..

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
hahaha, didn't know eDesigns was frowned upon. Well then, if I went toe custom way and wanted to learn how to build a stealth enclosure, where do I begin? There's gotta be a thread here.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts