DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
for those that have made door pods--install ???

how are you sealing the midbass//midrange to the metal panel of the door?

in my current setup I mount my midbass to the panel (glassed--matted--etc), but I have to use polyfill to "fill" the area behind the panel to get a semi sealed environment
------------------------------
A) so I was wondering are you guys using mdf rings to attach the woofer to the metal part of the door, then glassing a pod around it on the outer plastic ddor panel??

B) or are you somehow sealing your door pods from the inside your glassed mold??

I ask because my new daytons are a tad too large for my existing mold ( since they dont have a truncated ring like the peerless 8"'ers)

so Ill have to either do option A or option B

so just wondering what has worked best for you all in the past

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
I used a bunch of extra foam I had from upholstering my new door skins, and jammed it all in there b/t the MDF and the door metal, then followed that up with a bunch of clay jammed in there. It works - no chuffing or nonsense - just tight output.

You could also you the yellow expanding foam.

-aaron

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hmm I never thought of the expanding foam idea that might work-

-once I make the mold with the foam do I need to fiberglass over it for strenght??

this question goes out to anyone with experience

and any tips on where to get this expanding foam? best brands etc etc

any tips on install? or links

ive seen the ID page for the id8 install but there arent really any instructions per say

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.