DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
336 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, you know of any double din units that meet the following criteria: (Also any that are upcoming within the next 6 months)

1) ability to change color / backgrounds to achieve a stock car look
2) good SQ (for a double din)
3) navigation
4) good multimedia manager (iphone, bluetooth, etc.. interfaces)

I'm using the avic-z3 right now but a few big drawbacks to it:
1) only blue, can't change any colors, background pic change sucks badly and can only be done with CD in it unless unlocked but even then only background change
2) you need to have a original (wav) cd to save stuff to HD which is rather a pain in most cases

Thanks!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Which the kenwood 8120 you should be able to replace the background. along with your other requirements... Oh it also happens to be that I have one for sale at a dam good price.

-Matt

·
Registered
283 Posts
ECLIPSE DVD-Video/USB Multi-Source Receiver/ 7inch Wide Screen Monitor/Navigation/ Built-in Bluetooth wireless technology AVN726E | Fujitsu Ten

Just came out, and supposedly has dual bit burr brown DAC's

It also took the 2009 Innovation Award at CES
Only 3 band EQ, no time alignment that I can see, and no 3 way active....might be a deal breaker
don't know if you need this level of sonic control. other wise this seems like a solid unit

·
Registered
962 Posts
don't know if you need this level of sonic control. other wise this seems like a solid unit
True. I would only consider using this unit in conjunction with a processor of some kind. But for the original poster's checklist, the eclipse blows the competition out of the water according to all projected reviews and the award.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts