DIYMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

Double din with bluetooth auto-play

1K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  Alain93 
#1 ·
Hi everyone!

I just picked up a new car and need to update my audio.

I can't figure out how to google this information about any headunit, let alone all of them.

My previous ride, I ended up going with a cheapo pioneer MVH-X380BT (can't post the amazon link cause I'm a new user), specifically because it was the only unit I could find that I could confirm would link to bluetooth and automatically play whatever you were listening to before. It had surprisingly good audio quality, and for such a cheap head unit, and really let my focal's shine.

My new car has a really nice double-din unit, but it doesn't have this feature, and it's going to have to get replaced. I really like the double din though! Are there any double din units that have this feature? Otherwise, I'm just staying with my little cheapo HU!

Bonus points for hardware volume knob and good sound quality :)

#2 ·
I have the AXH-4200nex from Pioneer. I can confirm it has bluetooth and I can confirm that as long as your source device has bluetooth turned on when you enter the car, it will play. But to be clear, I use my iphone and I use Spotify. So when I get in the vehicle, if my iphone has BT on and Spotify app is also up and running, then the 4200 will start playing with no user inputs. It will NOT play if you manually change the source (for example, you switch to radio mode right as you exit the car, which in such case it would still be in radio mode when you reenter the car).

The 4200 does not have a knob for volume control but it does have a row of analog buttons along the bottom (called the chin). Two of them are for volume changes and a third is for mute). You can also set the volume and mute on the touchscreen if you so chose.

I cannot attest to sq just yet, as I am still working on my tune. But so far I am happy with it.

Kevin

#4 ·
I bought the Pioneer AVH-X3800BHS 6.2" double DIN touchscreen radio for my wife's vehicle and all I can say is that it has the feature you're looking for which is bluetooth and plays Spotify, Pandora, iHeart, Amazon music, etc.

The unit doesn't have the volume control knob that you're looking for but analog buttons just like the 4200NEX, but unlike the 4200, the buttons are on the left side of the unit instead of along the bottom of the unit. The 4200 is also a 7" screen IIRC.

Also, if you do decide to go w/ a Pioneer, the 3800 or its replacement the AVH-X391BHS is cheaper than the 4200NEX.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.