DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi there,
im new to this site and am looking for some advice.
i have an 06 chevy hd crew cab and am in the process of building a box like the pic of the one attached.
it will have between 2 and 2.5 ft^3 and im thinkin the max mounting depth will be about 5.5"
i originally wanted to do 2 JL 12w3v3s powered by a JL 500/1v2 (im running jl comps and a 300/4v2, just wanted to keep stuff matching) but i dont think i will be able to get that depth out of my box and i have never fiberglassed before so i just wanna keep it simple.

so... after that what will be a good sub/amp combo? i kinda want 2 12s. I listen to alot of different music, mainly country/rap/rock, so i want some opinions.
i read some about a Stereo Integrity Mag D2 V4 sub and that sounds like a pretty sweet deal, but will a 500/1 be enough for two of them?

just throw some opinions out there.

Thanks!
Cody

Attachments

·
Registered
392 Posts
Since I have an 05 2500 HD CC, I think I can help. I've done several boxes for these trucks. Without moving the rear seat forward (re-drill the seat rails) you can get 1.85 cu ft before woofer displacement with close to 5 1/2" of mounting depth. If you move the rear seat forward 1" you can get 2.26 cu ft with an increase in mounting depth. These boxes are also without provisions for an amp mounted on the enclosure and all 3/4" MDF construction. Using fiberglass will buy you an increase air space and mounting depth.

The JL W5 woofers and the Pioneer TS-SW woofers work very well in these boxes without mounting depth issues. I haven't been requested to build a box for any of other thin mount woofers, so no help there. In the picture you attached, it looks like the cross bars have been cut off the back or the seat to gain clearance for the woofers.

My truck has a custom center console, replacing the center jump seat, with 1 12" sub. HTH
John

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
John,
ive talked to you over on dieselplace too :) but yes, the bars are cut out and everything is removed from back there for airspace.
i was just curious of some other alternatives for amps and subs. those 13TW5s sound sweet, but they are kinda spendy. i like those SI mags but am curious if anyone has dealt with them and what i would need to power two of them.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Left you a post on dieselplace also.:p You might try your amp question here also. Some folks here with more knowledge than me. Maybe someone here is using the same amp?:rolleyes:
John

1 - 4 of 4 Posts