DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay guys, I currently own a set of DLS UP5i's (in kick panels). I have them powered by a Memphis Belle Pushing 230 RMS to each seperate. My head unit is an Alpine PXA H660. I am running a single ID 10" in the trunk.

I would like to upgrade my front stage. I have read may reviews and decided to go with the Peerless Exclusive 7" matched with the Scanspeak HDS tweeters.

I will be using my Memphis amplifier to power them (for now)

I am a little bit skeptical here. I know I need .25 CF for those Peerless Exlusives. I will only have about half the volume in my sealed kick panels. I am guessing I will have a jump in F3?

Has anyone compared any of the DLS drivers to the Peerless Exclusives?

I can cancel my order yet, and I may do so.

I know the "ultimate" set from DLS isn't their "TOP LINE" but it certainly isn't the reference models.

Anyone compared the References, Ultimates, Irdiums, to the Peerless's Exclusive Line?

Oh, and reason for wanting to swap out my DLS, is I wanted to try something new. Also those DLS are only 5.25"ers I would like some bigger drivers up front:)

...annnnnd midbass lacks, lol cant expect much from a 5" driver

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
Seriously dude, you have started three, ThreE, THREE different threads to ask the same question. To be perfectly honest, most people who probably could help won't if they realize you're spamming the place to get an answer.

I have never dealt with either driver, but if you want an opinion...I can give it. I almost bought the Exclusives for my midrange because of the reviews on how good they are. Most reviews describe them as clear and detailed (much like my OS JBL GTi's that I LOVE, which is why I looked at them). DLS is often compared to Dynaudio and Morel (and looks very similar). These drivers tend to have higher distortion, which also tends to give them a warmer sound. I, and most people, can't tell you what YOU will prefer, but I am willing to be they will sound very different.

I will tell you that I personally preferred the sound of my JBL's over my Morel Elates that I owned. Based on that experience alone I would personally choose the Peerless over the DLS if I couldn't listen to them both first.

Don't forget that both of those speakers hold their used value pretty well, so if you can take a small hit, you can try the new ones before selling the DLS. If you don't like the change, sell the Peerless and put the DLS back in while you keep looking. Hope that helps...and please ask a mod to delete your other two threads about the exact same thing.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts