DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the process of selecting drivers for a 3-way active setup in my car. I drive a small four door sedan. My design goal is to achieve a realistic soundstage. I will not be using rear fill. I will be using two 12" subwoofers for the substage. For processing duties I will be using a JBL MS-8. I had tossed the idea of using HLCD's but I realize that that maybe more difficult than what I have the patience for :laugh:

All drivers will be aimed accordingly. But generally this is where the placement will be:
Tweeter - sail panels Vifa NE19VTS-04 3/4" Silk Dome Tweeter
Midrange - upper door Morel MDM 55 2-1/8" Soft Dome Midrange
Midbass - lower door DIY Cable Exodus EX 6.5"

I already have the midbass drivers that I will be using, DIY Cable Exodus EX 6.5". What do you think of my selection for tweeter and midrange? Will this be a good matching 3-way setup?

·
Super Moderator
5,229 Posts
Upper door panel means you need something really good off-axis. And although I don't have a lot of experience with with many 3way installs, I would think a 3-4" mid-woofer might be better suited with that Exodus.

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Upper door panel means you need something really good off-axis. And although I don't have a lot of experience with with many 3way installs, I would think a 3-4" mid-woofer might be better suited with that Exodus.
Thanks for the reply. After more consideration of my goals and available mounting locations I think I am going to be going two-way.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts