DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
18,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
***The obligatory foreward:
FOR ALL RULES REGARDING LIABILITY/SENDING/TURNAROUND TIME for testing, see this thread:
http://www.diymobileaudio.com/forum/product-reviews-erin-harrdison-bikinpunk/103531-rules-terms-sending-drivers-testing.html
I won't answer any questios in this thread about the above. If I see them asked, I'll delete them. This thread is strictly for discussion of drivers you'd like to see tested or would like to have tested.***

As far as upcoming testing goes, what drivers would you guys put on your "wishlist" and what would you like to contribute to have tested?

Now, if anyone here can fullfill the wishlist requests, let us know.

If someone sees a driver offered up for testing and they'd like to see it tested, let us know.

So far I've tested the Hybrid Audio L3SE and will be re-testing (based on new conditions/advancements in the test room) the Audible Physics AR3K and XR3M-LE. This data will be posted by the weekend. After that, I've got a couple other drivers being sent out to me.

Update 6/16/2011:
This is for klippel testing only now.
All drivers will be accepted.

You'll have to cover shipping to me and back. I can't afford to come out of pocket for every test. If anyone would like to donate a few bucks to go toward the test pot that would help for those who can't afford to ship both ways.
If you'd like to send a driver in but can't afford shipping both ways, ask and maybe someone else here will be willing to help you out.

·
18,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
For FR and HD, it's 8" and under. That's all I can fit on the baffle wall.

With the Klippel, I should be able to accommodate any driver size within reason.

Thanks for catching that, though.

·
Registered
4,428 Posts
I was gonna say I would like to see the FR/HD results of these Dyn's volvo speakers, but I think they are 9", available on Ebay all the time. Would also like to see the MW180's but they are the same thing as far as size. Curious as to how they really compare to each other. Klippel would be good to see on the though.

Testing all the forum boners would be fun and interesting to see.

Also would like to maybe see some Klippel results of these FI X subs I got.

I would have to sift through the gear at home to see what I have that I might be able to send in when you are at that point.

·
18,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If the OD is no larger than 10" I can probably squeeze it on the wall. I'd need dimensions though. Should be easy to find for most drivers.

On another note, thanks for the donation. It will certainly help.

·
Registered
4,428 Posts
If the OD is no larger than 10" I can probably squeeze it on the wall. I'd need dimensions though. Should be easy to find for most drivers.

On another note, thanks for the donation. It will certainly help.
I believe the OD is less than 10" I can measure when I get home. I have the volvo ones, forgot the exact model number, but real similar to their in wall home speakers.

Not a problem on the donation, its the least I could do for all the time and your own money you have put into it.

I think it would be cool also that if there are drivers we want to see tested that nobody has to send in, within reasonable price of course, maybe we can take donations to purchase the driver, then we could raffle the driver off to all that made the donation. Just a idea.

·
Registered
3,032 Posts

·
Registered
4,702 Posts
I have TB drivers I can throw in anytime, w3-1364SA. PM me when you need them.

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
I have that I am whiling to send if you want.

Hertz MLK165 set BNIB
CDT Tweeters
JL C5 51/4 coaxials BNIB thought these might be fun
HAT L4
HAT L1v1
HAT Ring Raditor SE tweeters BNIB

·
Registered
5 Posts
Do you have any pics of the driver? I wanted to see the back side, motor And spider area if possible.
I also would like to see this driver tested.

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
Do you have any pics of the driver? I wanted to see the back side, motor And spider area if possible.
I also would like to see this driver tested.
I can email you some low quality pics from my iphone. I don't have access to my fiance's camera. If that's okay, PM me your addy.

·
18,547 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Brian, any of those drivers sound good.

fish, the 3" faital would be a good one as well.

I'm on testing hiatus for the next couple weeks. Been out of town doing some testing for work. Spending free time with the family.
I Have a product coming in I want to review sometme this week and then need to build the klippel stand. So, I've got a couple other things on my plate before I start testing drivers again.
With that said, if either of you guys want to shoot me a PM about the drivers, feel free. Maybe we can work something out.

·
Registered
4,702 Posts
PM me your address when you are ready for testing, I can box and ship the following to you:

TB W3
Vifa XT25 small format
SB Acoustics SB29 small format
Dayton Planar
Mystery driver

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
Brian, any of those drivers sound good.

fish, the 3" faital would be a good one as well.

I'm on testing hiatus for the next couple weeks. Been out of town doing some testing for work. Spending free time with the family.
I Have a product coming in I want to review sometme this week and then need to build the klippel stand. So, I've got a couple other things on my plate before I start testing drivers again.
With that said, if either of you guys want to shoot me a PM about the drivers, feel free. Maybe we can work something out.
Sounds like a plan. Whenever you get back to a daily routine let us know & I'll send them whenever's convenient for you. ;)

·
Registered
292 Posts
I've already asked Erin about this, but I figured I'd see if anyone had some interest in having some Mark Audio driver's tested? I've got a pair of Alpair 10.2 on the way and when the new CHR-70.3 are released I'll get those as well.

Mine and Erin's thoughts were that since nobody uses them for mobile use that the testing may be a mute point? Chime in and I may send one to Erin.

Nick

·
Registered
3,032 Posts
I remember a few people saying they have/do use Mark Audio drivers. I also remember most saying there wasn't much output & they're very delicate.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts