DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,958 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I noticed that some recordings that used to get "loud" with my alpine 9830 don't get to nearly that level with this deck. I'm curious if it has to do with lack of distortion in the drz that made the old deck seem louder. I can't think of specific examples right now but I will list them here soon.

·
Registered
66 Posts
That is different from my experience with the drz. It seems the pre-outs are extremely strong on mine. I have every gain on every amp turned all the way down and I still can't turn the unit all the way up.
But what you said is true, distortion makes stuff sound louder since it can be unpleasant.

·
Registered
5,544 Posts
The DRZ has very good, strong outputs. I would suspect your just hearing as it was supposed to be now ;)

·
Banned
48 Posts
Once you turn the volume up past -0 on the DRZ it has the ability to go to +6. I think that's when the 8 volts kicks in and the volume goes to another level. This is just a guess on my behalf based on the fact that the manuel says " 0db=4v and +6=8v max. To have more control over the one weakness when using the DRZ is to add a line driver. I prefer the Tru Tech line drivers with this unit because of the built in line conditioner etc...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts