DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Well - it does not say and as noted I am not using the RCA's but I am using the SPDIF and converting it to optical via external 5V converter.

Since it does not mention I would suspect these are 2V pre-outs yet, I don't know.

Edit - Maybe the TDA7851 chip that it is using has this criteria not sure.

·
Registered
592 Posts
You are correct!

Vs = 15.2V; RL = 4 Ω (square wave input (2 Vrms))

Reactions: eddieg

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Maybe a little bit of reference music?

My reference is Norah Jones for vocals - her voice tends to reflect in a very certain way and at some of here tracks the bass guitar - as well Robin Stein but I don't want to bore with that and maybe I'll take you to a more local reference?

Her name is Sarit Hadad - Her voice is well... amazing and I use her as well for reference

Eliad Nahum and Nofar Salman - Pardon me for parts of the Video, it is not with intention to show militarian vehicles (listen to her voice)

For drums I usually using the following type of tracks: A good O-Daiko drum recording

And somethings from the COVID-19 affected videos/music - this is shot at the Ben Gurion Nashional airport while it was stranded during last April:

Ok one more that is nice - also a blessing for a good week that is being played each sunday at the local radio stations

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Measurements - I'll begin by saying that I am measuring with the engine ON.

Not only that it is August and this is the middle east, it is not just the heat but the humidity and there is no way in hell I am seating out side of the car. I am also measuring with engine on so that the most basic variable would also be taken in to account and that is the fact that I am listening to the car system only while driving, the engine is on anyways.
As well I am not taking the measurements for 100& accurate readings, no I just want to get the big picture for what is going on so that it would provide me the whereabouts of the issues and then I am tuning using my ears only.

The initial state and the initial corrections done: white noise

The blue line is the initial RTA right after the first time the system was turned and time alignment, volume matching and phases were done.

I've configured the Prima so that the speakers would be cut the following way - all slopes are at 24 DB - I want to band the drivers as much as possible within their xover points.
And it is as well from my experience I just tend to like the results with steeper slopes, it filters the speakers better the way I feel it.

Sub (if you can call that a sub) - 40 to 80
woofers - 80 to 800
Mids - 800 to 5K
Tws - 5K-20K

And what you see at the blue line - the tweeters are way way up - but surprisingly it, does it sound bad? no! just a bit - bright on the upper at high volume.

Take in mind it is a very mild amplifying system.

The red and the green lines - pink noise

You should notice a dip at the 1-2K and around 700hz, the 700 hz is null that I've tried to fill by taking the mids down to 600hz did not do much.

The dip at the midrange is because they were attenuated too much by listening - after that I have taken that attenuation out and it leveled better.

After that I've made the corrections by ear and taken again a set of measurments only this time they were not RTA only but a full feedback and sweeps.

Second batch of measurments - the implementation

I've connected my laptop to the headunit via BT and at the same time used the UMIK-1 to measure the feedback.

The results - cascade and a view from above

** the overhaul volume is very low, I believe that the MIC sensitivity is not adjusted completely as it should - not sure what is missed but still it turned out to be very useful
and the general information I received from the measurements was beneficial and let me for good results.

Complete spectrum swipe:

And the swipe per element layout sheet:

I will say that I have tried to over come the dip around 2.5K using the midbasses - I've set their xover point from 800 to 1750Hz and it did cover the dip but the midrange sounded to me too strong and a bit too colorful? if that means anything to anyone?

The sweeps are taken once per element and from the same microphone location which is the headrest middle.

You can see the null at the left woofer around 60-80 -> I did tweak the left woofer just a bit there and it did make a small difference.

But the major difference was reducing the sub low pass from 80 to 60 and it cleaned it up, totally cleaned it up.

at the right woofer I've increased using the eq at 250 and decreased it a bit around 700hz - again, this is done by ear after the graph above is taken.
The right midrange was added power at apx 2.5K and I've made minor changes at the tweeters but that's it.

I have not measured after that again - I do like the end results, a lot!

And at the next post I'll add the Prima speakers settings screen.

I am obviously not a professional and would be glad to hear your thoughts and as well suggestions what further may be done or should be done.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
And the current settings - it will stay like this for at least a while so that I can take the time jumping between the former setting to the current.

Will try to record a Video and post it during the following days.

And that sums it up for now I guess

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
A friend purchased a similar Joying to that of mine but with a Ford Focus fascia and went to the same installer which noticed the following:

This is mine:

This is from the Ford:

Notice the weather widget! the clock is in reverse order.

The reason for this is that the devices are enabled with a Hebrew GUI (the hour on top is fine but not at the widget).

Hebrew is a semi language just like Arabic - we write from the left to the right - but why did it reverse the digits?!?

:)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi everyone, I have a question: connecting Joying to Audison via toslink, how do you adjust the volume? Directly from Joying or do you have to use the DRC compulsorily?

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #28
Hi 75in4u,

First take in mind that the Joying has SPDIF coax out not toslink - So you will need to purchase a converter from SPDIF to Optic - I purchased one from Amazon around 10USD and as well a CPT buck converter from 12V to 5V and a USB A to Micro cable.

As for the volume - I've set the Joyin to allways start up with its maximum volume (36 for the matter) and I am using the DRC - ONLY! to control volume.

Why? because the Joying volume control and as well my cellular phone are both digital and that basically means that your remove information as you reduce the bit stream data.

The DRC is an analog volume controller and it attenuates the signal instead of taking out audio data.

You can test this and see for your self, the difference is highly audible, very noticeable! Mind especially what happens to the image and sound dynamics at the low volumes when you take the volume down from a digital controller to that of using the DRC.

I am working on setting up recording stereophoinc recording gear - somewhat binaural, so that I can post up a demo.

Don't know how long that will take though.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Thank you! appreciated!

No, I am merely an amateur learning from the BEST of the people found in places such as this, hoping and striving to be good enough to make an interest and perhaps a good read at extra challenging times such as these, all times are challenging but man 2020 is just... uhh.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
Been a while - Made a short recording, none binaural for now but still provide a bit of intel about the system.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
By the way the background noise is the AC - too damn hot

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Something for the weekend - It is at the Ramon cradle observatory

21 - 33 of 33 Posts