DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4,184 Posts
I don't understand why my luck with DSPs is so dogshit

Today I was /going to/ do an official gain setting on my newly acquired Helix Mini DSP mk2

As I'm about to start I go to unplug the RCAs from the DSP into my amp and the ****in DSP starts smoking

I turn the car off and unplug everything, open the DSP and see this

View attachment 337380

I have no clue what's going on, I don't think any wiring I have is bad since I've had no other problems, but literally both times I do anything DSP related (EQing on my RF 360.3 then it explodes when Im cleaning everything up) something has to go wrong

I understand the DIY nature of this forum/car audio but God damn man it's just so disheartening dealing with this less than a month later

Is there anything I should do before I set up the next one? I just don't know what could be happening other than poor luck
Make sure you don't have an rca cable plugged into the positive battery post? Seriously, I'd use a dmm on all of the rca cables getting hooked up to the dsp to see if there's some dc current running through one of them.

·
Registered
4,184 Posts
I don't have RCAs running "in" to the DSP, just high level speaker signal

I do have 6 rcas running out of the dsp into the amps, would it be possible for an amp to feed power thru the input rca plugs?
I'd check the high level inputs for sure, and I'm not sure about the amp shorting through the rca's but I'd check EVERYTHING before hooking up another dsp.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts