Discussion Starter #1
2018 pathfinder
sound deadening on all 4 doors
rockford fosgate t2675 components front and back
JL audio 10w6v3 in a JL prefab HO box
audio control lc4.800 4channel amp
audio control lc1.800 mono sub amp
factory radio

I'm pretty happy with the overall sound before tuning. I have never used a factory radio in any previous installs. I believe it has the bass roll off and who knows what else. I'm now ready to get a dsp or eq. should i get a JL Fix86? I dont know what has been added or subtracted from the factory radio. will a Fix86 get me allot closer in sq or should i just get a decent dsp? I believe the fix86 has decent eq's after the "fix" and that might be all I need.

·
Registered
295 Posts
IMO your best investment would be to get a calibrated microphone and a portable computer so you can run Room EQ Wizard. It would be pointless to buy a DSP if you don't have that anyway, and if you get it first, you can determine what issues exist with your system now, and therefore make a more informed choice of what to buy to correct them.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
^^^ This

Reactions: imickey503

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
IMO your best investment would be to get a calibrated microphone and a portable computer so you can run Room EQ Wizard. It would be pointless to buy a DSP if you don't have that anyway, and if you get it first, you can determine what issues exist with your system now, and therefore make a more informed choice of what to buy to correct them.
I just got a calibration mic and audio tools app. I will look into rew next.

·
Registered
418 Posts
Also, you need the TWK, not the FIX.

·
Registered
180 Posts
I have a Fix86/Twk88 combo available if you are interested. Plan on posting them up soon, but if you are interested, send me a PM

·
Registered
253 Posts
I have the FiX 82 (same as 86 but digital out only). I have thought hard about changing to the PAC Amp Pro, but still haven’t pulled the trigger. Everything just sounds PERFECT as is an I don’t want to ruin good thing. I would have gone with the PAC Amp Pro if available at the time of install. I use the TwK D8 for DSP. No complaints whatsoever.

·
Registered
433 Posts
I have the FiX 82 (same as 86 but digital out only). I have thought hard about changing to the PAC Amp Pro, but still haven’t pulled the trigger. Everything just sounds PERFECT as is an I don’t want to ruin good thing. I would have gone with the PAC Amp Pro if available at the time of install. I use the TwK D8 for DSP. No complaints whatsoever.
I thought this same exact thought until I upgraded from the Fix82 to a NAV-TV. The Fix is OK for what it is but a pure clean unabused signal is way better. I paid $800.00 when it first came out and even at that price it was worth the upgrade. Go with the Amp Pro and never look back and don't regret it. I'm sure the results will be similar to the NAV-TV unit.

·
Registered
418 Posts
I thought this same exact thought until I upgraded from the Fix82 to a NAV-TV. The Fix is OK for what it is but a pure clean unabused signal is way better. I paid $800.00 when it first came out and even at that price it was worth the upgrade. Go with the Amp Pro and never look back and don't regret it. I'm sure the results will be similar to the NAV-TV unit.
Completely agree about the NavTV Zen a2b.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts