DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all. new to this forum. I have a Wrangler TJ that im going to be doing some more audio work on. Normally i use WranglerForum for my jeep stuff, but thought id get a better response about audio here! My idea is this: mount 2 downfiring 10" DVC Polk subs in a custom sealed enclosure behind my rear seats (trunk area). I wanted to put the amps (Alpine m500 and a 2 channel) below the enclosure mounted to the tub. I plan to mount the enclosure on sliders, so that i can pull the subs out if need be...any major concerns/issues with this? Ill try to find some pics to show you what i want to do.
Oh and im gonna wire them to get 4ohms load on the amp.

·
Registered
1,741 Posts
Other than the fact you'll only be running about 300 watts to your subs theres nothing wrong with your plan.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Other than the fact you'll only be running about 300 watts to your subs theres nothing wrong with your plan.
yeah i forgot to edit/update. i am picking up another m500 tomorrow. one sub per amp. now can use the 2 ohm load which is 500w RMS per sub/amp setup. will i need to seal off the subs from each other?

·
Registered
306 Posts
you don't need to seal the subs from one another.
Providing you can assure the voltage is identical.

But to play safe, I would recommend creating their own enclosures.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ok cool. i actually got the model that split it into 4 and had fuses inline. im going to run one power cable from battery into the trunk, then split it off from there. what gauge do i need for this? i have a 2x 20ft 8awg wire that i am currently using for the amps.

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
i ran 4 gauge from batt to distro block, then used 4 gauge for sub amp(its capable of 1200watts) and used 8 gauge for 4 channel amp

since u already have 2 runs of 8 gauge, maybe just get 4 for batt to block, then try 8 gauge from block to amps. i think 4 gauge might be recommended for the sub amps power, but not sure

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
i ran 4 gauge from batt to distro block, then used 4 gauge for sub amp(its capable of 1200watts) and used 8 gauge for 4 channel amp

since u already have 2 runs of 8 gauge, maybe just get 4 for batt to block, then try 8 gauge from block to amps. i think 4 gauge might be recommended for the sub amps power, but not sure
thanks for the feedback. where do you guys get cabling from? all i can find are amp wiring kits in stores.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts