DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
4,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got bored tonight, so I decided to build something for my up-coming Civic make-over
It is 2 mini-dsp units and a DC voltage isolator, built into a case.
They will be configured and used as a dual 2-way & single 3-way x-over.
A little bit over the top, but it costs less to put together, than a simple AUDIOCONTROL 2/3-way x-over, does way more and you don't need to build resistor packs;)

·
Registered
4,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

Thats it for tonight...I still need to find 2 sacraficial usb cables, to relocate the USB ports to the rear of the case.

·
Premium Member
1,549 Posts
Looks good, very creative. side note: (not dissing) You may want to you clean up (+)/(-) and shorten them/add some heat shrink. Also split the (+)/(-) not on the terminal. again...not dissing;)

Attachments

·
Registered
4,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I absolutly welcome comments/pointers. ;)

The extra length is there to permit the end cap to come off.
I'm not done "purdying" it up, yet.
I do not see the advantage of re-locating the split on the power leads.... Julzy, joo have sum es-plainin to doooooooooo....

·
Premium Member
1,549 Posts
I absolutly welcome comments/pointers. ;)

The extra length is there to permit the end cap to come off.
I'm not done "purdying" it up, yet.
I do not see the advantage of re-locating the split on the power leads.... Julzy, joo have sum es-plainin to doooooooooo....
The advantage is: those terminals are probably rated for 18gague and your cramming in two leads. You can still allow for the extra length with Y'ing in the suggested area. I would hate for you to nuke something when 10 minutes of solder, heat shrink would save all your hard work.

·
Registered
4,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The advantage is: those terminals are probably rated for 18gague and your cramming in two leads. You can still allow for the extra length with Y'ing in the suggested area. I would hate for you to nuke something when 10 minutes of solder, heat shrink would save all your hard work.
Sometimes it is best, not to assume;)

·
Premium Member
1,549 Posts

·
Registered
4,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Nahhh, somehow my toron'o based employer thought it would be a great idea to make us come in to work, today... It was like driving to work on a Sunday.

·
Premium Member
1,549 Posts
Nahhh, somehow my toron'o based employer thought it would be a great idea to make us come in to work, today... It was like driving to work on a Sunday.
Bahhh, its better to be employed then not :rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Seriously, I'm waiting on the panel mount USB, before anything else, happens.
The Civ's deconstruction is up next.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts