DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
So where are the settings saved ? In my phone ? Or in the DSP itself ?

Here's why I ask. I had assumed the settings were saved in the Android device. But my tablet, which I sat it up with, died.
I was so sure that when I hooked up my phone, it would connect, and instantly lose everything.... But no. To my pleasant surprise, the app in the phone, instantly updated to all the current settings in the DSP 馃檪 Great ! (Because that was a lot of work)

But now, if my battery needed to be disconnected, would the DSP lose everything, and when the phone app is connected the next time, it won't remember anything either ?

I guess what I'm trying to say is, it can't work both ways can it ? It's great that the DSP remembered the settings to add to a brand new device / app, but my phone couldn't also remember all the settings to add back to a reset DSP can it ???

Registered
I used the Dayton for 1/2 year back in 2018. I believe it works like most other DSPs: The settings are saved in the DSP (of course because these tell it what to do) and also can be saved as a file on the GUI device in order to load it up at a later time. And no, the DSP should not loose it's settings when disconnected from 12V constant.

Registered
Discussion Starter #4
I used the Dayton for 1/2 year back in 2018. I believe it works like most other DSPs: The settings are saved in the DSP (of course because these tell it what to do) and also can be saved as a file on the GUI device in order to load it up at a later time. And no, the DSP should not loose it's settings when disconnected from 12V constant.
Well that sounds good. Now, I feel so stupid to ask.... but the "GUI device" ? You mean the phone or tablet ? How would I do that ?

Registered
Can I add another dumb question...I was thinking of not running a headunit with the Dayton DSP, and wanted to use an iPad with the Dayton Bluetooth. How would I go about turning the Dayton DSP on? Currently, with a headunit installed, the DSP turns on with the remote wire. Without the headunit, there is no remote wire and the DSP doesn't turn on.

Registered
Discussion Starter #6
Can I add another dumb question...I was thinking of not running a headunit with the Dayton DSP, and wanted to use an iPad with the Dayton Bluetooth. How would I go about turning the Dayton DSP on? Currently, with a headunit installed, the DSP turns on with the remote wire. Without the headunit, there is no remote wire and the DSP doesn't turn on.
I can't answer that... but you might try calling Parts Express and ask for Blaine. He probably knows if that can be done, and if so, how to do it.
That's a good question though. With all of these fancy integrated HU's nowadays, if it were going to cause any major issues, I'd probably opt to just skip all of that, and play straight from a phone or tablet too. Heck 99% (okay 100% lately) of all of my music is streamed from my phone (Amazon Music) account now anyway.

Registered
Trigger the remote on with an add a fuse to a fuse that's only on with the ignition. If you get pops use a relay in between.

Registered
2010 Silverado CC
If I remember correctly when I pulled my dsp-408, and put it in the closet during an overhaul, it still had all my settings stored when I reinstalled it weeks later.

I've used the dsp-408 via Bluetooth sans a headunit using a triggered fuse, I had to install a simple toggle switch between the dsp and the amps because it did have a turn on pop. You can find an open fuse spot or use an add a fuse tap like this https://www.walmart.com/ip/5-pack-12V-15Amp-Car-Add-A-Circuit-Fuse-TAP-Adapter-Kit-Mini-ATM-APM-Blade-Fuse-Holder/769826645

Registered
They are stored in the dsp. There is enough memory ROM for those 4-5 slots of pre-configured settings plus it has its own fw it runs off of. The storage is not listed as spec but it has enough to store local info and those settings along with the FW. I never used the + - and remote leads. Instead I opted to buy a 120v power strip that plug into my cigarette lighter power port and have used the DC power supply it came with the whole time. I am not sure of the benefits or draw backs to using it this way, but I have had no issues. There is an initial startup noise when it first turns on but that is it.

Registered
Discussion Starter #10
They are stored in the dsp. There is enough memory ROM for those 4-5 slots of pre-configured settings plus it has its own fw it runs off of. The storage is not listed as spec but it has enough to store local info and those settings along with the FW. I never used the + - and remote leads. Instead I opted to buy a 120v power strip that plug into my cigarette lighter power port and have used the DC power supply it came with the whole time. I am not sure of the benefits or draw backs to using it this way, but I have had no issues. There is an initial startup noise when it first turns on but that is it.
Thank you Nate. And I thought I was special 馃榾 lol
Yes, this is exactly what I've been doing. But as for the start up noise or pop (which is alarmingly loud with my setup) I simply plug the 12v to 110v converter into my cigarette lighter before I start the truck and turn on the rest of the system... And then I turn it off after everything else is shut off. Eliminates all the pop.
But I'll tell you, when I forget to do this in the right order (like last evening) holy @$#$ ! I'm quickly reminded why it needs to be done in the right order !

But yes, it works great. Zero alternator whine or subsonic rumble.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts