DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am on my second Bit One which has the same defective issues that the first Bit One had.....so I am done with the Bit One.

While I wrap this puppy back into the box, I am thinking of other signal processors that can take its place. Price is not the object here. So can you recommend a few signal processors? My requirements are pretty simple...minimum 6 channel output. I would love the ability to tweak via my laptop but thats not absolute. I have RCA preamp outputs from the HU.

Thats about it. The first ones that come to mind are:

1. ZAPCO DSP6
2. Alpine (not sure which models).
3. RF 362 (I am not so hot on this one).
4. Audio Control.

Please add to my list.

Thanks,

·
Registered
425 Posts
the dsp6 or alpine pxa-h701 are your best options. the only thing i dont like about the dsp6 is the 6 channel limitation.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Drop the existing HU and get the Pioneer P90 Combo. 3 way front active + sub. All the xovers, TA, EQ etc you would ever need.

Other than that the Alpine 900 or 701, HXD2 or DSP6.

·
Registered
962 Posts
DSP6 over the h701 for sure, hands down difference IMHO.

And if money ain't a thing, h900....

The additional benefit to the DSP6 would be the decreased potential for induced system noise, including alt noise. Grab a Zapco SLB-TP4 and have balanced outputs from just behind your glovebox to your trucks rear deck Zapco Processor...

·
Registered
962 Posts
I would also refrain from suggesting head units as he just finished a great install with a new one....

·
18,683 Posts
p9 is an option.

h701
h900

p9 ODR if you can swing it

zapco dsp6 or zapco dc ref amps (but you already have amps)

audiocontrol dcx (not sure of model. you'd have to check)

·
Registered
539 Posts
Arc DXE, It does 4 way active and comes with a controller. So no laptop necessary.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
Buying international isn't that hard. If your interested let me know what you want and I can help out.

·
Registered
2016 Lexus Ct200h Fsport
955 Posts
Zapco dsp6 I think is one of the best if not the best processor around. You can save multiple tunes on your laptop and on a drc if you get one. Have lots of flexibility. Make as many tunes as you want and if you change one and save it to another name you can always go back to your original tune its perfect.

·
Premium Member
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
The DSP6 was my first choice before the Bit One tempted me away like Eve and the apple.

So I will look into this right now.

I am not familiar with balanced outputs (well yes I am, but I have never done a system with them). So Braves this SLB-TP4 can take my low level RCAs and make them balanced? I need to read up on this too. Thanks!

·
Registered
962 Posts
The DSP6 was my first choice before the Bit One tempted me away like Eve and the apple.

So I will look into this right now.

I am not familiar with balanced outputs (well yes I am, but I have never done a system with them). So Braves this SLB-TP4 can take my low level RCAs and make them balanced? I need to read up on this too. Thanks!
Yup. You simple run your head unit RCA's to the SLB-TP4, which is placed as close as possible to your head unit, and then plug in the symbilink cable from the SLB-T4 outputs to your DSP6 inputs and their fully balanced....WA la!

And don't feel bad that the Bit one lured you away...had it been out while I was offered the DSP6, I would be in your exact position...I just got lucky

1 - 18 of 18 Posts