DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I’m considering installation options for my Esotar2 430‘s. Ideally I’d like to mount them in the stock dash corner locations in my Camry. If I use these stock locations, it would almost certainly be an IB setup, unless I could figure out a way to create an enclosure that would fit without too much dash modification (which I doubt). I’m sure that I’d be able to get good front/rear wave separation regardless of install location.

Would I be alright running the Esotar2 430‘s IB?

·
Registered
2,235 Posts
Re: Dyn 430’s can they run IB?

Even in an IB setup, the sound waves emanating from the rear of the cone MUST be isolated from the ones that are coming from the front of the speaker cone...otherwise interference and frequency cancellations between will result.

·
Registered
399 Posts
I have my 430s in the factory dash locations of my Ram. I’m not exactly sure what to listen for, but mine do not have any type of additional enclosure built behind them and sound great.

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
Just stuff some denim insulation or similar (not fiberglass due to fibers getting in lungs) down in the dash leaving some room for the mids to breathe and you should be fine. A few inches of denim should attenuate frequencies above 300Hz pretty well, which is The lowest range you’d likely run them.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just stuff some denim insulation or similar (not fiberglass due to fibers getting in lungs) down in the dash leaving some room for the mids to breathe and you should be fine. A few inches of denim should attenuate frequencies above 300Hz pretty well, which is The lowest range you’d likely run them.
This is what I was hoping to hear.

I’ve treated the heck out of the dash cavities with ultra-touch denim insulation. My GS40’s are currently installed and sound pretty good.

I knew the front/rear waves had to be separated, I just didn’t know if the 430 would perform well without an enclosure.

Thanks for all the replies!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts