DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a Dyn component set from a member here, but the set didn't come with the tweeter mounting screws. Could somebody post up a couple of pictures of how the Dyn tweets are supposed to mount into the cups? Is there just a screw through the back of the cup (to attach the clips to) and the grill holds the tweeter in the cup? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
The tweeters really don't mount to the cups other than by friction. I know, it seems as if there would be a mechnical means, but they snug in there, and they are slightly easier to take out and put in once they have been taken out.

The screw hole is so a screw can be put through the back of the cup from the inside to mount it to the panel, before inserting the tweeter.

Since you bought those from me and FedEx sent me the notification of delivery, I will take this opportunity to say "Hi! Congrats on your 'new' speakers!"

EDITED TO ADD: No, on second thought, I think you are right. Shoot. I will look for them. I would also consider taking the tweeter to Home Depot and seeing if the metric screws will fit the tap.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The tweeters really don't mount to the cups other than by friction. I know, it seems as if there would be a mechnical means, but they snug in there, and they are slightly easier to take out and put in once they have been taken out.

The screw hole is so a screw can be put through the back of the cup from the inside to mount it to the panel, before inserting the tweeter.

Since you bought those from me and FedEx sent me the notification of delivery, I will take this opportunity to say "Hi! Congrats on your 'new' speakers!"
HAHA, I did buy them from you, and they look great! I was just about to leave you some positive iTrader feedback. They look great, I'm going to hook them up on the bench tonight after work and give them a test ride.

I kinda figured that's how they work, but I wanted to make sure. I have owned tweeters that fit like that and I have owned ones that use screws into the magnet. I certainly didn't want to screw up such an amazing driver. :thumbsup:

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Our posts crossed. Let me see what I can find...
Ah, ok. I have no problem going out and buying the hardware, I just want to make sure I get the correct stuff.

Thanks again for all your help!

PS, if you DO happen to find the hardware and the crossover covers, let me know. I'll gladly send you some money to ship that stuff to me too.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Email dyn, they will ship you new screws for free if you ask the right way. My md100's came with a screw post that had a copper ring on it that's bassically a nut.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Email dyn, they will ship you new screws for free if you ask the right way. My md100's came with a screw post that had a copper ring on it that's bassically a nut.
Thanks for the info. I'll send them a message right away!!

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
Zatch, I don't have any, but I found a friend who is sending me a bunch of Dyne HW and they should be in there... I will let you know as soon is I receive!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts