DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does it matter if the sound deadning is applied to the inside of the birch wood adaptor ring on a front door or should it be applied to the outside of the ring?

Thank you

·
Registered
7,406 Posts
inside would make your frequencies flop over... don't want that, better do it on the outside...

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Why are you putting vibration damper on wood?
One thing I forgot to mention is I cut a 6" opening to mount the speaker with the birch wood rings. Looking to seal off any openings around the wood ring as the car door surface is not flat.

·
Premium Member
1,775 Posts
Can you post a pic? How large of gap are you trying to fill?

What I did, which may or may not be the correct way lol, is..

Sealed of all the openings with flashing/ deadener sandwiches. Deadener up to The factory speaker openings, then bolted my spacer to The door. Any small gaps I filled with either expanding foam, or clay.

I then covered the door, and up over the ring with 1/8'' ccf. I then mounted the speaker. I patented had any issues. Mb response is very good, all is nice and solid.

Of course this isn't the only treatment done to The doors, but is what I did related to What your asking. Lol

·
Premium Member
1,775 Posts
Ot, but... Wth^^^
I had spaces and paragraphs when I typed this. Still there when I try to edit it too. ??? Lol tapatalk maybe?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts