DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi gents,

I have a pair of MD102 tweeters and looking at the factory passives I noticed they are crossed at 2200hz.

while I'am doubtful of this I still wanted to ask as it would be beneficial to cross lower as I'am going to go 2 way front.

just how low do you guys recommend crossing them? I dont listen at sky high volumes and probably will feed them 30-45rms at best.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I wouldn't cross them lower. 2200Hz is good for them.
thanks for the answer mate,

my fear is that the esotec passives have some sort of measure/precaution that we miss when we go active and that I might cause harm crossing at 2200hz?

if indeed they can be crossed at 2200hz then hell thats a great beaming advantage for me as I will be going 2 way but what gets me is the md102 fs is 1300hz and 2200hz isnt even an octave above that

have you actually crossed them that low with success or no somebody who has

·
Registered
536 Posts
thanks for the answer mate,

my fear is that the esotec passives have some sort of measure/precaution that we miss when we go active and that I might cause harm crossing at 2200hz?

if indeed they can be crossed at 2200hz then hell thats a great beaming advantage for me as I will be going 2 way but what gets me is the md102 fs is 1300hz and 2200hz isnt even an octave above that

have you actually crossed them that low with success or no somebody who has
They will do fine at 2200, I had mine at 2k/24db for a while. I kept them at 2,500/12db most of the time though. And no, the DynAudio crossover doesn't do anything magical that a DSP crossover cannot do, besides provide physical protection in the event that something went wrong in the chain.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts