DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a older pair of Dynaudio md100 tweets, as you can see from the pics the backs were soldered (poorly by me, what can I say, I suck at it) They work perfect. If you can solder then you are good to go. The front is pretty good but not perfect. I would say 7.5-10. No mounting hardware is included but it would be really simple to get your own bolt and strapping to make your own. I have had them for years just hanging around and not using them so I am just going to sell them. $90b/o shipped to anywhere in the lower 48.

·
Registered
7,408 Posts
Wow, you DO suck at soldering.... lol...

Little lesson for ya, cause I love Dyns...

You needed MORE heat, and you needed some solder flux... the parts didn't have enough heat in them to flow the solder properly and the flux acts as a cleaner and buffer for the solder to flow well and stick..

Free bump and free lesson...

Good luck

·
Registered
3,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the lesson, and bump. That was also done about 2 years ago, and it was wrapped up pretty tight so the wires had a good amount of strain on them. Come to find out my brother in law is a freak with an iron so from now on I will just dump my stuff on him and let him do it. I wish I bought that rockford 5channel from you a while back :(

·
Registered
633 Posts
I'm kind of interested in these tweets but am having trouble finding info and reviews on them! That's not the best soldering I've ever seen, but indeed not the worst either! At least it was careful and you didn't overheat it and burn through the things!

·
Registered
3,154 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Ok people, seriously I acknowledged the lack of soldering! I am not sure how it is possible that you cannot find anything regarding these tweeters. For specs. I would assume they are pretty similar to the 102's out now. Reviews should be countless

·
Registered
7,408 Posts
Congratz on the sale.... Yeah, the RF went to a good home, we should be seeing it here soon...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts