DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't find much of anything on the internet after nearly 2 days of searching. Most say the 130 is a small improvement but don't say why. I high-pass my tweeters at 8khz which may or may not take away the advantage of the 130 (very low fs).

I'm ready to pull the trigger any second, I just need to know the 130 will sound better from 8khz and up. I have no issues with the 102s right now, I like the way they sound. I've heard the Esotar 110s in the Magic Bus and loved them. If the 130s are closer to that type of sound, that would be nice. I guess what I liked about the 110 over every other tweeter I've heard is it does not sound like a "tweeter". By that, I mean there's not a lot to say about them. They reproduce the sound accurately with no harshness but not laid back, but extremely detailed. It sounds like a live show. No "s" to the vocals yet just so detailed.

I could still get the 110 tweeter but I have bigger things to spend the money on right now so they would wait until February and I'm getting anxious to try something new. At the same time I don't want to throw away over $300 on something that may or may not be an improvement over what I've got.

All opinions welcome, keeping in mind these are high passed pretty high.

·
Registered
431 Posts
I have them both, well actually MD 102, 130, esotar2110 and T100

i really like esotar2 as my main tweeter.

Here is my small review using heavily modified custom processor with McIntosh MX406s and Hifonics Zeus driving MW162+MD130 /MD102

Also as your request I cross them high (8khz). The result to my ears is almost no different between them except a litlle roll off in MD 102.

So I suggest you to go with esotar2 110 instead of them. It's up to you Bro... Goodluck

Best regards

Wendo

·
Registered
5,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have them both, well actually MD 102, 130, esotar2110 and T100

i really like esotar2 as my main tweeter.

Here is my small review using heavily modified custom processor with McIntosh MX406s and Hifonics Zeus driving MW162+MD130 /MD102

Also as your request I cross them high (8khz). The result to my ears is almost no different between them except a litlle roll off in MD 102.

So I suggest you to go with esotar2 110 instead of them. It's up to you Bro... Goodluck

Best regards

Wendo
Thanks a lot, that helps more than you know.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Me not so much.....but, my ears would of had a hard time telling the difference to be honest. Now, 110's to 130's? I just don't think the cost vs. gain would be proportionate. At least that was the debate I had with myself and Jerry ultimately steered me towards the 130's.

·
Registered
5,234 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If I was crossing mine over down lower I would have jumped on the 130s right away. Still considering them since it sounds like they have a little less rolloff up top. I have the 102s boosted by 6-8db from 12khz to 20khz.

·
Registered
8,967 Posts
Exactly. The 102 is good but it rolls off the top end like the 100 did. The 130 and 110 are far better in this respect. I think the 130 is less veiled as well.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts