DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Classic cars & McIntosh
846 Posts
"Good seller"......? Read through his feedback. :blank:

Ask him to show you pics of the "actual speakers", the Dynaudio label with model number, and are they 4 or 8 ohm. He's been using the same pics on his MW180 and MD140 over and over.

I know someone that bought some of his "MW180" that had the model number removed and were in fact a very similar older model 24w75. I could be wrong on the current listing, but just letting you know it may be smart to ask questions ;).

Guess who was the high bidder on this rusty 8 ohm pair?
DYNAUDIO 8 inch auto WOOFER - eBay (item 330322409948 end time Apr-21-09 21:06:29 PDT)

·
Registered
45 Posts
I bought some Morel MT22 tweeters from him. Good transaction, and
I got what I paid for.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
"Good seller"......? Read through his feedback. :blank:

Ask him to show you pics of the "actual speakers", the Dynaudio label with model number, and are they 4 or 8 ohm. He's been using the same pics on his MW180 and MD140 over and over.

I know someone that bought some of his "MW180" that had the model number removed and were in fact a very similar older model 24w75. I could be wrong on the current listing, but just letting you know it may be smart to ask questions ;).

Guess who was the high bidder on this rusty 8 ohm pair?
DYNAUDIO 8 inch auto WOOFER - eBay (item 330322409948 end time Apr-21-09 21:06:29 PDT)
I had bought something from him and not had a problem but you make a good point. I stand corrected.

·
Classic cars & McIntosh
846 Posts
I had bought something from him and not had a problem but you make a good point. I stand corrected.
For the most part his feedback is good, but his Dyn auctions are purposely deceptive. The price he is asking for the drivers is reasonable, but why not advertise them for what they are, instead of claiming they are MW180's. If you look at his auction pics where he is holding the driver in his hand, you can see the sticker residue from where the label was peeled off.

I know from experience what he sells for MW180's. Notice how the labels were peeled off to hide the model number on the pair I had.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I just purchased a piece together 3-way set of Dynaudio's from a seller off Craigslist for a very good price. The midrange (similar to a MD140) and woofer (similar to a MW180) were from a factory Volvo/Dynaudio system but were in excellent condition and play perfectly. He had purchased the X-360 and the MD100 to complete the 3-way but never got around to installing it. I currently have a me'nage of speakers installed in home stereo cabinets testing them to make sure that what I put together is going to sound good once I get it in my 2007 VW Gti. I have tested three sets of three way speakers and the Dyn's by far sound more natural to me and that is what I am after. I have listened to a set of JL Audio XR-653, my piece together Dyn 360 and last a JBL 608Gti two-way set that I added a JBL 400Gti as midrange.

I aslo purchased a set of MD130 and MW160 with a X-280 that I plan on installing the MD130 up front with the MD140/MW180 and soon to be modified X-360 and will be using the MW160 with the MD100 and a not yet purchased X-250.

I will include the pictures of the Volvo/Dyn labels on the speakers so all can use for verification if they run into a simial situation.

·
Classic cars & McIntosh
846 Posts
skerly, Thanks for posting that info. Good stuff!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts