DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
anyone went active on a pair of dynaudio components? i want some advice on what settings i should set the woofer's and the tweeters on my P9 combo. the woofer is gonna be for the low's and the tweeters are for the highs. gonna install a sub sometime soon but want to know whats some good setting points for this set. i've called dynaudio and they told me that i should bp the woofer and hp the tweeters. the woofers from like 80 +/- and the tweeter from about 2500hz +/-. what slopes do you guys recommend>? this is my frist time going active and any ideas would help. thanks... steven.

·
Registered
891 Posts
Yes, as a matter of fact, my first experience with an active setup was with the Dyn 340 system.

The MD100 has a resonant frequency (Fs) of 1360 Hz. Your intended HP is not even 2x that amount, so I'm not so sure I'd use a 12 db slope. A fourth order filter (24 db slope) would be a safer bet, especially as I do not know your listening habits. You could go easy and try the 2nd order to see if it works, but you may end up introducing more distortion and putting the drivers at risk.

Have fun! :)

·
Registered
1,357 Posts
It's not too much of a peak, though.

I too would start at 2500 @ 24dB, and I would LP the woofer at 12dB electrically. The woofer sounds darned good running wild on the low end as long as no one is beating on it with stupid program material, so if you need to HP it, start with 75 (if you really beat on it, start with 3K too...).

·
Registered
524 Posts
I ran the mw160gts from 63 hz (24db high pass) to 2,500 hz (6db low pass) and the md100 (12db high pass), same as the passive ones. I tried others, but came back to these.

John

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks alot for the replies i have it set at 63hz 24db / 2500 24db. and for the tweeters 3.15k 24db . so for the amp should i bp the woofer and hp the tweeter? also what crossover setting should i have at the amp? kinda newbie on this but slowly getting there. thanks alot... im using a phoenix gold ti500.4 right now but gonna be using that tru b-six soon. thanks alot guys... steven.

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
thanks alot for the replies i have it set at 63hz 24db / 2500 24db. and for the tweeters 3.15k 24db . so for the amp should i bp the woofer and hp the tweeter? also what crossover setting should i have at the amp? kinda newbie on this but slowly getting there. thanks alot... im using a phoenix gold ti500.4 right now but gonna be using that tru b-six soon. thanks alot guys... steven.
If you're using the crossovers in the P9 combo, you won't use the crossovers in the amp. Set the amp to flat or fullrange or whatever your "off" setting is..

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
hum... if i switch the amp crossover to BP for both the tweeters and woofer's, it will just bypass the crossover that's on it already right? this will allow the tweeters and woofers to play the hz's set on the P9 unit? i will try that today and see how's the outcome. But i also get my TRU B-Six today. = ) hope that amp will make a big difference compared to the Phoenix Gold Ti 500/4. . . steven.

·
Registered
2,298 Posts
hum... if i switch the amp crossover to BP for both the tweeters and woofer's, it will just bypass the crossover that's on it already right? this will allow the tweeters and woofers to play the hz's set on the P9 unit? i will try that today and see how's the outcome. But i also get my TRU B-Six today. = ) hope that amp will make a big difference compared to the Phoenix Gold Ti 500/4. . . steven.
BP on an amp's crossover normally means bandpass, not bypass. You want the amp's crossovers off if you're using onboard crossovers on the head unit.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts