DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive got a set of dynaudio 240 mkll components and not sure if they are real or fake. I looked at some pics of fakes posted on the net, but some things look authentic , and some things dont:D The mids dont have the glue on the tinsel wires

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
anybody?? Also on the screw holes on the mids..i keep reading the real dyns are flat on bottom of screw holes and fakes are tapered..do they mean tapered like a \ / vs l_l on the hole, or just the recess?

·
Registered
510 Posts
a member by the name of nineball should be able to tell ya. i think he has a thread somewhere about the same thing. i believe he thought his were real, but turned out to be fake.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well i just looked at the screw holes again..the recess at the top of the hole looks to me like it has a slight taper

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
a member by the name of nineball should be able to tell ya. i think he has a thread somewhere about the same thing. i believe he thought his were real, but turned out to be fake.

thanks ..i'll shoot him a pm and see if he can take a look

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
I know we PMed about these, but wow, these look real. I mentioned the shop I worked at was a Dyn dealer and I got to install a decent amount of them, but it has been a while since I seen any. I had heard that there was fakes out there, but I guess I expected the fakes to be obvious. Thats crazy to take all that time to make something near identical in looks...anything for a few bucks I guess.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I know we PMed about these, but wow, these look real. I mentioned the shop I worked at was a Dyn dealer and I got to install a decent amount of them, but it has been a while since I seen any. I had heard that there was fakes out there, but I guess I expected the fakes to be obvious. Thats crazy to take all that time to make something near identical in looks...anything for a few bucks I guess.

hey buddy...yeah they do look real, and i had no idea there was even fake dyns being sold when i bought them, im really hoping they are real, lol. The guy i bought them from claimed he bought 3 sets from a authorized dealer going out of business, i should have done my research first i guess:laugh:

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I'm betting FAKE. The numbers D2 17 59 (MD100) and D2 18 11 (MW160) have been on every fake set I have seen.
i just read an older thread on fakes you said that and i cringed, lol, damn the luck

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
let me start by saying i am not an expert, i just have spent too much time researching this, unhappily.

this is the real vs fake page:

mobile audio solutions

the real have flush mounting holes not tapered, the cutouts in the box are different than the pic on the dynaudio website and the terminals and tinsel wire are completely different (note the amount of tinsel connected at the end on yours vs the real pics in the thread above).

sorry mate, but i think they are fakes.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
let me start by saying i am not an expert, i just have spent too much time researching this, unhappily.

mobile audio solutions

the real have flush mounting holes not tapered, the cutouts in the box are different than the pic on the dynaudio website and the terminals and tinsel wire are completely different (note the amount of tinsel connected at the end on yours vs the real pics in the thread above).

thanks for the reply...man if it wasnt for bad luck, i wouldnt have any. i really didnt need them,since i just installed a new set of Focals...but have been itchin to try some dyns..so much for that idea:laugh:

·
Registered
53 Posts
I had those sets back in the day, I didnt even know the fakes one really exist.

I bought them back in asia , the xover that came with it is the x-280 and the mid has the wlq series , the seller said it's basicaly the esotec series , and I believed it cost me half the price of the retail here ...

installed them before and quite pleased with the result.

·
Registered
933 Posts
shoot these pics over to Neibur3. He is a dyn dealer and can get you in contact with Emilios from Dyn. Emilios was able to verify some MW162's that i had concerns about.

·
Registered
510 Posts

mobile audio solutions

hope you didn't mind me throwin' your name out there like that.

·
Registered
2,791 Posts
hope you didn't mind me throwin' your name out there like that.
naaa. part of being this community is helping out when you can. sometimes i think a lot of people here forget that, and have chips on their shoulders to boot. i got burned by a member so maybe someone else can benefit from my mistake and subsequent research. the fakes were... ok with about 50 but once i bumped them up to 150 one blew instantly. the other is sitting on a shelf waiting for me to get really angry.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i aint even gonna mess with them, just makes me sick:laugh:

·
Registered
2,798 Posts

mobile audio solutions

i know this might be a more half full rather than half empty point of veiw. but bro...if they put so much effort into a fake to make it close to real woudln't that makew them sound damn near the same? If you got em at a steel...it might just be worth it. have you listened to them? just my .02$ but i' try to look on the possative.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts