DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So I'd like to add a subwoofer to my car (1995 BMW 318i Convertible), but I don't want to just stick a box in my trunk. I've seen posts about IB/open-air setups by mounting a square woofer to the ski pass which seems interesting, but I'm not to good with this stuff and I'm not sure where to start. So I was wondering, would it be better to put a sub in an enclosure in the ski pass? (like this or this) Or would I be better off utilizing the trunk with an IB configuration.

Does anyone know how I could do this setup? And could you possibly link me the things that I'd need to do it correctly? I was hoping to mount a 10' woofer if that's possible.

Also money isn't too much of an issue (I can get the audio equipment cheap, labor will still be a decent cost though), I'd like the best sound I can get.

Thanks!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Registered
3,346 Posts
Well, convertables are generally tight in the trunk, but even a nice 8" would be better than nothing.

There are regular boxes made to fit, nothing fancy there + they are from UK. You could get it build locally.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well, convertables are generally tight in the trunk, but even a nice 8" would be better than nothing.

There are regular boxes made to fit, nothing fancy there + they are from UK. You could get it build locally.
Yeah that's why i was thinking an IB setup utilizing the trunk as the box might be a good idea. Then with the ski pass open and no armrest in the center, it could fire directly into the car.

·
Registered
3,346 Posts
Sorry, had a sedan. I am sure you could shove a 10" in there is there is no high limitation, but I am sure there is due to the roof cabby.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts