DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for the loudest compact silk tweeters to go in the suv. The Earthquake tw-35s seem to be the best bet right now, but I don't know what they sound like? I'm looking for that open airy high end sparkle sound, if you know what I mean? The Dayton Audio DC28F or Dayton Audio RS28F-4 is the type of sound I want, but those are too big. I want some sq, but highs that are not laid back and can be heard clearly over 4 12's.

I'm looking at these:
Earthquake Screamers
Morel MDT 12
Dayton Audio ND28F-6
Tang Band 25-1166SJ

How does the Earthquake sound and other car audio silk domes compare to Dayton audio? Any suggestions?

·
Registered
13 Posts
I'm looking for the loudest compact silk tweeters to go in the suv. The Earthquake tw-35s seem to be the best bet right now, but I don't know what they sound like? I'm looking for that open airy high end sparkle sound, if you know what I mean? The Dayton Audio DC28F or Dayton Audio RS28F-4 is the type of sound I want, but those are too big. I want some sq, but highs that are not laid back and can be heard clearly over 4 12's.

I'm looking at these:
Earthquake Screamers
Morel MDT 12
Dayton Audio ND28F-6
Tang Band 25-1166SJ

How does the Earthquake sound and other car audio silk domes compare to Dayton audio? Any suggestions?
I have a set of the Screamers. I haven't tried any of the others on this list, but I'll tell you this much, you won't have a problem hearing them. And with the packaged crossovers, they don't sound too bad either, it seems to me that they have a lot broader frequency range than other component tweeters (such as the ones that came with the kicker components). They are one of my most prized car audio possessions, even if part of it is simply because they are so ridiculous.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts