DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I run into wild claims and otherwise insane car audio post on ebay and CL all the time.

I think it would be fun and informative to have a thread to post adds we find that are scams, wild claims, waaaay overpriced, misinformation, lies or are funny for car audio products. (*for instance, I have seen stuff like a broken Krako amp for 100$).....

I am posting this as a question because I have been known to be a dick.....but dont always realize I am being one, so sometimes I need to be put in check.
I can see how basically making 'fun' of f-ed ebay/CL adds can be misconstrued....and eventually someone on this forum will post a product that will fall into the 'you have got to be kidding' category.

I have a few on standby.....but am reluctant to post until the general consensus is that it can be funny-informative and not just being a jerk.

What do you think????
Dick or funny?

~jh

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
When I see an ad like this, I usually troll them until they get sick of me.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
/Funny

Post 'em!

·
Registered
6,375 Posts
They are funny but do get tiresome because there are a trillion of them. If I had a nickel for every ebay ad I read that said "This amp is underrated, it really makes twice that/200rms a channel/etc.," I'd be so rich. Just about any older amp is automatically 'old school', a collectors item, or some such hogwash.

On the other hand I have actually seen broken amps sell for more than good ones on epay, for a while I was buying a particular brand amp and simply reselling it instead of repairing them. I was paying less for it and did not have to fix them. I never did figure that out, but I'm not that stupid so I bought the working ones for less.

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
I just love to read the CL posts for: "2 Dual 12's in a bandpass with cool Led's and a Dual amp. bought this stuff new last week, and it the loudest set-up I've ever heard. There's nothing wrong with it, I'm just upgrading!":rolleyes:

·
the darkside is loud
6,092 Posts
I've posted rediculous ebay links before so go for it. :D
Let's see what you have in mind.

Bret
PPI-ART COLLECTOR

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
Right now on Ebay there is a pair of refurbished Kicker CVR 12's in a box for $7,499.00.

·
Registered
6,375 Posts
There was a guy on ebay all he did was buy up old amps and polish them up, then resell them touted as the next coming for twice the price. He was always buying under different names, but people tracked him all the time. Some of the write-ups on the ads were something else, I bet that guy could sell freezers to an Eskimos as the saying goes....or heat their house with hot air trying.

·
Registered
413 Posts
The ones that get me are about the fully regulated power supply amps that make (Significantly) more power at 14.4 volts than at 12 volts.

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
I'll take em:laugh:
I thought about clicking buy it now just to see how far it would let me get.
My luck they would hold me to it.
I think that add is an advertisement stunt just get people to their site.

·
Registered
1,141 Posts
You guys leave my ads alone! You are just jealous because I have the Loudest, SQiest, Chromeiest, Old Schooliest, Priciest, Bestest, Baddest stuff on the Net.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts