Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
336 Posts
Sexy, I wish the US:Canadian dollar was at 1:1 still. I'd get it in no time

·
Banned
1,808 Posts
At (LxWxH) of 20" x 10" x 3.3" it's not bad but is still just a bit big for practical "tuck and hide" installations. However, when looking at it, it's obvious this is a rack-mount show amp. You're paying more for the artful aesthetics than you are on performance as many amps that are cheaper can fit more installations, put out similar power and sound just as good. I'll admit, it is a very nice looking show amp.

·
Premium Member
1,292 Posts
At (LxWxH) of 20" x 10" x 3.3" it's not bad but is still just a bit big for practical "tuck and hide" installations. However, when looking at it, it's obvious this is a rack-mount show amp. You're paying more for the artful aesthetics than you are on performance as many amps that are cheaper can fit more installations, put out similar power and sound just as good. I'll admit, it is a very nice looking show amp.
I thought this amp was considered to be the pinnacle amp these days.....?

·
Banned
1,808 Posts
I thought this amp was considered to be the pinnacle amp these days.....?
There is a point, especially in a car, where improving noise, damping, etc just aren't being heard by the human ear. It's arguable still just how much improving certain specs can improve sound for perfectly isolated listening environments.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Clean power!! Although I have to agree with tspence, the specs are amazing but the car environment just doesnt allow to take advantage of the extreme sq of this amp...

·
Premium Member
1,292 Posts
Oh I understand the thresholds of science being different than the thresholds of the human ear and experience. But the same could be said for many reviews on this forum. Meaning, some people desire to take it to a level that others do not and sometimes, for me, I dont see the point, when it feels like the whole objective seems to be splitting hairs.

I was just speaking of the science of the amp.

·
Registered
62 Posts
I hear ya spense because all the cheap amps can be bias changed on the spot, not to mention how efficient it is when putting out 1600 bridged

that amp gives me a boner everytime I think about it. Definetly one of the top amps out there IMO
:laugh:

You beat me to it.

I mean, high voltage OR high current and bias adjustment on top of that.

·
Inappropriate Thoughts
4,005 Posts
Ignore spence's silly comments
I do;)

In fact, I don't see anything spence posts unless someone else quotes him:laugh:

ETA: To keep this on topic.... that is a sweet amp, but way to expensive for what I would be using it for.

·
Registered
2,759 Posts
Nice amp, but it comes with white install gloves?? That's a bit carried away. Come on. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,916 Posts
There is a point, especially in a car, where improving noise, damping, etc just aren't being heard by the human ear. It's arguable still just how much improving certain specs can improve sound for perfectly isolated listening environments.
I'll take it and I bet it would sound pretty Damn Good in a Car.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts