DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey everyone, i need some help choosing an eclipse head unit. i'm gonna keep things simple and run the HU without any (external) processing...also gonna run my passive x-overs (not going active). i've always wanted to try the 55090, and i was told that the 55040 has the same internals without the copper chassis. i had a 8053 in the past.

has anyone run either the 55090 or 55040, against the 8053? i just wanted to know if there's a difference in sound/tonality, and if it's better to just have the tuning capabilities of the 8053 to compensate for a car's less than ideal setup?

any input is greatly appreciated, thanks!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
how about the Eclipse ECD-510?
thanks for reminding me about the ecd units...i have an ecd-413 in storage, and i really liked how it sounded. it played original cd's perfectly, but i do burn a lot of music and it had trouble reading cdr's, i've tried many brands and different burners & burning programs/speeds. i read that the ecd's are supposed to play cdr's no problem...maybe the pickup/transport might be going bad?

i originally was looking for another ecd series, but got interested in the 55090/55040 and 8053 (again, i should've kept my 8053 in storage instead of selling it).

hmmm, i think i might have to pick up another ecd from a diyma member...

·
Registered
8 Posts
if you're interested, i have a bnib 55040 that i purchased in 2001 that i never used. im a new member, so you would have to pm me for pics.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts