DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm just curious... I finally got my MS8 issues pretty nailed down so I have the bug for even more improvements, "I'm sure most of you know what I mean" :)

I'm currently running an Alpine CDA-9815 and am considering upgrading to a little better of a SQ headunit. I used to have a DRZ and absolutely LOVED it but I just can't afford one. I can pick up a minty 7200 for $300 shipped and was curious if the SQ gains will be worth the upgrade. I know that their are many members on here who have used one or both of these units and I could use your advice. Also the bluetooth feature on the 7200 would be a welcomed feature.

PS... Meant MKII above... Damn phone!

·
Registered
273 Posts
since your running an alpine im sure you like your face, screen, and contrast...

well ive been running the eclipse 7200mkii for almost a year now... and lets just say i miss my alpine and i'm going back to alpine as soon as i can get rid of the eclipse.. I've been in audio nearly 8 years and seen and used many units but i seem to always go back to alpine

why??

well in my opinion the screen is without a doubt the worst i've seen on any higher end unit and i've run kenwood alpine pioneer sony and more... its just unbelievable to me that they built a unit at an 800$ retail price with such amazing features and sound with SUCH A BRUTAL SCREEN.. and no im not exaggerating- remember i use this unit everyday and couldnt be more frustrated with the lack of overall screen size, screen text and display. Someone at eclipse really messed up when engineering these aspects of the unit.

I'd give it 4/10

now the sound and audio features however... 10/10 t/a 3way active eq 8v ect..

not to steer your away but theres such a difference between what you hear and what you see...

just my 2cents

1 - 4 of 4 Posts