DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Classic cars & McIntosh
846 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Product Brand & Model: Eclipse CD8053. Includes factory box, cage, trim ring, NOB remote, wiring harness, manual, ESN stickers.

• No internal amp(dead head)
  • 8 volt unbalanced or optional 16 volt balanced outputs
  • 3-way active crossover. Slopes are PASS, 6, 12, 18, 24dB on all channels when the deck is in Pro Mode
  • time align
  • EQ
  • Front, rear, non fader RCA's(plus extra fixed out pair)
  • sub control
  • Aux-in stereo pin plug
  • digital coax input
  • E-com digital coax output

Condition of all items: MINT face and I mean mint!! Display lens is near perfect. These decks are nearly impossible to find in this condition outside of lucking in to a new one. No paint loss or wear around knobs. This was my keeper deck and the last CD8053 I own :(.

Total Price: Sold pending payment$235.00 shipped to USA. No trades, price is firm. Paypal accepted from confirmed addresses.

37601 balanced line adapter also available for an extra $75.00 shipped. See post below.

Pictures:

** DO NOT DELETE ANYTHING BELOW THIS LINE OR THREAD WILL BE DELETED **
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please be advised, all buyers and sellers are responsible for performing their own due diligence when considering any financial engagement. We recomend that you:

1) Check the iTrader feedback of the person you are dealing with on this site, as well as other car audio forums.
2) Ask for a name address and phone number. Call them and verify their info.
3) Valid e-mail address. Correspond before committing.
4) consider using an escrow service to protect yourself.

DO NOT proceed with a deal until you are completely satisfied with the other party.

DIYMobileAudio & Collova Media Inc. is not responsible for the outcome of any transaction on this site and will not moderate on your behalf.

·
Classic cars & McIntosh
846 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There is an optional Eclipse 37601 balanced line adapter and I do have a new one that I could sell with the deck. The 37601 takes the 16 volt balanced +/- double RCA pairs and converts them to 10 volt unbalanced single RCA pairs so you can plug in to any amp. This allows you to run a balanced signal on the long RCA runs to the back of the car. The 37601 is not needed to run the CD8053. For 8 volt output you can simply use the (+) RCA pairs from the head unit and leave the (-) pairs unused

37601 is available for an extra $75.00 shipped.

previously owned CD8053 for reference. Didn't want somebody to think the deck for sale had tape residue on the RCA's :p

·
Classic cars & McIntosh
846 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Can the 37601 be used to convert unbalanced to balanced?
The 37601 was designed exclusively for use with the Eclipse CD8061, CD8062, and CD8053 8v/16v decks. It only has balanced inputs/unbalanced outputs. I suppose somebody smarter than me could reverse engineer it, but I don't know if it is possible.

·
Registered
8 Posts
The output pairs of the 8053 are inverted so one is positive phase and the other is negative (the output pairs are labeled + and -). A pair of RCA interconnects mates with the HU outputs and then connects to the 37601 which is located near the amps. The 37601 inverts one of the two paired inputs so that the two signals are now in phase and any noise in the signal is now inverted. When the two phased signals are added together, the amplitude of the original signal is doubled and the noise is canceled out.

This is the same technology used by Zapco with their Symbilink system and one or two others, like the Phoenix Gold TBA-1. Balanced signals are commonly used with microphones and high end audio electronics that use XLR connectors.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Most excellent active HU. Very good price

·
Classic cars & McIntosh
846 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
CD8053 is sold pending payment.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.