DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am way over my head with this HU. Tons of parameters that I do not have a clue what to do with. This is the set up. MB Quartz component at the doors, Alpine DDS component in the deck, Type R 10' sub in the trunk, Alpine PDX1.600 and Alpine PDX4.100. I am open for suggestions. I like tight base.

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
You're just going to have to mess w/it. What sounds good to myself or someone else might or wont sound good to you. Good sound is subjective.

If you don't know what does what do some research first. Then if you still don't understand something, come back and ask us.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I figured I start here first. Someone here would have better experience than my limited knowledge
You're just going to have to mess w/it. What sounds good to myself or someone else might or wont sound good to you. Good sound is subjective.

If you don't know what does what do some research first. Then if you still don't understand something, come back and ask us.

·
Registered
2,295 Posts
I have the 8455 and I'm still messing w/it. I changed a few things and am now messing w/the set up and TA again.

Start w/the xover points and slopes first. After you get that sounding good then mess w/the TA then to the EQ, and then back to the TA and maybe the xover points and slope again. Don't forget where you started w/the slope and xover points.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I will try to mess with it.
I have the 8455 and I'm still messing w/it. I changed a few things and am now messing w/the set up and TA again.

Start w/the xover points and slopes first. After you get that sounding good then mess w/the TA then to the EQ, and then back to the TA and maybe the xover points and slope again. Don't forget where you started w/the slope and xover points.

·
Registered
215 Posts
the biggest thing is putting it in pro mode and then messing with the time alignment and parametric eq. download a users manual online somewhere. this deck is very involved and not easy to use right away. the way i set mine up was put it in pro mode, set the crossovers, then grab high quality disc like something from Telarc Digital and start listening and tweaking. first i tweek the time alignment for best stage and image, then i tweak the parametric eq. this deck will make marginal equipment sound great and nice equipment sound awesome. best of luck

·
Registered
2,438 Posts
The biggest thing, as mentioned above is getting it into pro mode so you can work with the crossovers and time alignment. I found that the crossovers, set with 24db slopes, sounded best to me. I think this is because the HP and LP frequencies are at the same frequencies so setting it at the steepest slope eliminates a large peak. I know the time alignment doesn't give you a lot of options but you'll just have to mess with it to see which you like best.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts