DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
eD apparantly doesn't sell many D4 subs and right before they discontinue a product line they slash the cost of D4 subs to clear them out.

I got a pair of 13Ov.2's this way.

·
Registered
684 Posts
eD apparantly doesn't sell many D4 subs and right before they discontinue a product line they slash the cost of D4 subs to clear them out.

I got a pair of 13Ov.2's this way.
likewise. I love my 13Ov2 also, so I'm sure the 11's sound good as well.

·
Registered
126 Posts
it is only $31 to ship a pair to me.
very tempting.
the only decision now is a pair of these or a pair of DIYMA 12's...

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
very tempting.
that probably depends on whether or not you can fit those monstrous 12's in your car. ( I won't comment on the quality and sound differences)

If you "debadged" some eD subs, the cone would look almost like the DIYMA...

·
Registered
606 Posts
i have used the 13Ov.2, and it is a nice sub. Not as good as my TDX 12, but it really compared pretty well to the other subs i have had(claw mag, OZ ME, SS RL-P, to name a few). Not better, but for the price, the performance is dang good.

·
Registered
595 Posts
I thought these used ID or ARC parts? I dunno for sure. I might be just imagining things. If these are the black cones I'd buy them. The silver ones are just too damn ugly.

·
Registered
606 Posts
ID used to be the buildhouse for these years ago. As I understand it, there was a falling out and then ED had stuff built overseas. the 2004 ED models that were on a crazy sale a couple of years ago were the ID ones, and the ID overstocks that were on Ebay at the same time were made by ID. These are just being discontinued and replaced by the e5.10.

·
Registered
694 Posts
I have 2 of these already and just bought another two. 1 ft^3 for both subs sealed and tons of output.

·
Registered
420 Posts
bld 25, you know your stuff man that's exactly right. Also, If you model ID or IDQ subs in WinISD pro and compare them to the ED KV or OV subs, you'll see subs that behave/peform in a very very similar way.

Now its my understanding that ID subs are a bit more SQ oriented and ED are more SPL/$. I have a pair of 11Kv.2's IB and they sound great.

·
Registered
328 Posts
I had a pair of 11ov.2's in a 1cF sealed box before and I liked them alot. Plenty of output and the sq was very good to my ears. I also have tried a 16ov.2 in a 1.8cF sealed box and I can definitely say that I like the two tens better. Kind a wish I still had them, cause I always wanted to try them ported. From what I've read, they tend to perform better in ported alignments.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
again, shipping kills the deal for me. almost $30 to get to my door
Wrong way to think about it. Always look at the overall price. Is the sub worth $105 shipped? How many other subs can you buy for $105 shipped? Then decide if it is worth it.

·
Registered
1,416 Posts
very tempting.
I think the DIYMA is the better sub. I have owned the Arc 10D4 (also made by ID) so I make my comments assuming that the ED sounds similar to Arc/ID.. Its a pleasent sub but very boring, very clinical. In contrast, the DIYMA is much more fluid, much more musical. FYI, ED says .5 cu ft sealed and 1 cu ft ported but WinISD suggests .7 cu ft and 1.3 cu ft.

·
Registered
694 Posts
I think the DIYMA is the better sub. I have owned the Arc 10D4 (also made by ID) so I make my comments assuming that the ED sounds similar to Arc/ID.. Its a pleasent sub but very boring, very clinical. In contrast, the DIYMA is much more fluid, much more musical. FYI, ED says .5 cu ft sealed and 1 cu ft ported but WinISD suggests .7 cu ft and 1.3 cu ft.
I was actually looking for 2 DIYMA subs, but decided against it when I saw the weight. 2 ed110v.2's = 1 DIYMA.

Plus, its no more efficient, and I don't have a ton of power on tap, so using 2 10's with a slightly higher efficiency is the way to go for me.

·
Registered
182 Posts
fyi, on their site i was quoted 26.55 for a single 11ov shipped via ups. i went on live chat to see if they had any better shipping options. alex told me it would be 17.66 for one shipped via fedex. those are shipping charges.

·
Registered
684 Posts
It really depends on the application. I switched from a single DIYMA12 to a 13Ov2 and like it a lot better. I loved the DIYMA, but I could never get it to sound right in my vehicle with my setup. They both have their own positives and negatives, in my opinion, and I chose to stick with the 13O after trying it out.

With the prices that you can pick up these drivers right now, you can't go wrong either way.

·
Registered
8,988 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
fyi, on their site i was quoted 26.55 for a single 11ov shipped via ups. i went on live chat to see if they had any better shipping options. alex told me it would be 17.66 for one shipped via fedex. those are shipping charges.
Have you shipped a sub lately? It ain't cheap. People are constantly asking for lower an lower prices for stuff with shipping included. As an example, when I sent my DC650.6 to Zapco, which is a 2 hour drive from me, it cost me $30. And that was FedEx Ground.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts