DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Seen Rock City
732 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Currently I am plannnig on the following setup.

Yes, it is 5.1.

No, I will not be using the rears for general listening.

eD 9.1 --> eD 13Ov.2 --> 1000 W
eD 9.4 --> Rear Surround (Undecided) + Center (Alpine single DIN)
eD 9.2 --> CA18RNX --> Probably 50 W x 2. Amp is rated at 100 X 2 @ 4ohm
Zapco Studio54 (Thanks TomT) --> LPG 25nfa --> Probably 6-7 W. Amp is rated 12 W x 2 @ 4ohm.

So the question I have is about the 9.2. Will it be effective? I like my music clean, but loud.

·
Seen Rock City
732 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the response murph,

I personally just like the eD amps. I like the way they look, I like the price, and I especially like the 3 year warranty.

I am not planning on pushing all that wattage to the 13Ov.2. eD is running a sale on that amp right now that I couldn't pass up. It will be nice to have the headroom.

·
Seen Rock City
732 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Anyone else care to chime in?

·
DIYMA Founder
4,757 Posts
Get a 4 channel amp, and bridge it into the mids. So a 4x50 would give you 100 watts into 8 ohm x 2, or a 4x75 150 watts.

·
Registered
397 Posts
OT question..

i currently have a PPi a404 4ch amp (50x4 @ 4ohms | 11-15v). Will 50w enough to power the CA18RNX? i'll be running it full active, the other 2 channels will be used for my tweeters.

·
Seen Rock City
732 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
npdang said:
Get a 4 channel amp, and bridge it into the mids. So a 4x50 would give you 100 watts into 8 ohm x 2, or a 4x75 150 watts.
Just spoke to Ben @ eD. 9.2 going back tomorrow. 9.4 to ship immediately afterwards.

It's rated at 150 x 2 into 4 ohms @ 12 volts. This should work well.

Thanks guys.

·
Registered
265 Posts
npdang said:
Npdang, did you noticed a difference after bridging? I'm assuming you'ved heard your mids with only 50x2 (8ohms) right.

David

·
DIYMA Founder
4,757 Posts
I use a 4 channel avionixx 800.4, which is rated at 125x4 at 4 ohm. I also have the sub running off the rear channels bridged. So in all reality I don't think the front channels are capable of more than 50-75 watts continuous power into 4 ohm.

Now Imho my car sounds pretty dynamic and I have no problem bottoming out my mids quite easily. Others have reported significantly improved results when using higher powered amps.

My guess is that it's just a matter of tuning. I always like to recommend more power than needed, since that's the easiest solution for most people than to try to walk them through tuning their car online.

I mean... I also don't lowpass my sub and I think I have almost as good as you can get transparency and integration with the mid/bass... yet you will see people who swear that their sub has to be crossed at 60hz 100db slope to get it to dissappear.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts