Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How about this in the doors? :cool:

Next to Eu-700

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
never used there stuff, but for a young owner he sure has a eye for gathering as much marketplace as possible

I swear theya re making woofers no one else would make, and they are selling?? those eu700's still amaze me that they ever went into production

·
Premium Member
827 Posts
If they get them to have some decent output, something all the other slim units lack, I may end up being an OEM customer of a competitor, lol!

Rick

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
My bro has the EU700s. Why do they sell? They fill a nitch. Most people only see the Tangband or JL 6" drivers as the only other alternative. They actually do better than what most people expect...unless you try to make them musical and use them as a midbass driver... Treat them like a sub, and they'll perform like a sub. Treat them like a midbass driver, and you probably won't like them.

At least the spring clips are bent down now... :p

No comment on the 10" sub...maybe after some reviews start popping up and see if they suck or not, lol.

·
Registered
880 Posts
Wehn you say they don´t do well as midbasses is it the 50 to 90 Hz region you are thinking of of higher in frequency?

·
Registered
60 Posts
On eD's page they state a 20Hz to 1kHz frequency response so I assume using them as midbass would be >100Hz. Anyway midbass doesn't usually refer to frequencies as low as 50-90 AFAIK.

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
They just roll off a lot when getting up to 1k. My bro just low passes them at 50Hz...or maybe 70Hz now. He's fiddled with them a few times, so I'm not sure.

He looked into a crap load of reviews before he bought them. I guess the general concensous is that you should treat them like a sub. If you do that, you'll be happy. Most people who have heard them are usually quite suprised by their output.

My bro just has them stuck in his rear doors, no deadening as of yet, running off the stock HU, and powered by a way overrated BOSS amp(bought it for size and price, pre-figured 1/2 rated power so he'd have enough). They're really in a bad environment to begin with, yet they do their job and fill in the low range...in a half-assed sort of way right now. Still, when you hit a deep note, BOOM, they kick pretty well for a pair of measily 6" speakers. They aren't a pair of 10" in the trunk or anything, but they work. I guess most people(from other posts) compare 2 EU700s to a decent 10" sub in output. I could envision them doing about as well if they were actually in a box. The door panels are currently hating his install, lol, and anything at volume ends up with a good bit of vibration.

I'm not really sure what people have actually tried to do with them for midbass or lower midrange work. You'd never run them as a 2-way component set, but I don't know what people were doing to not like them. I haven't really looked at may EU700 posts.

My bro hasn't really run them all that high as it starts to pull the soundstage back if you start getting above 75-80Hz. You gain a stronger low range presense and ease the front drivers, but soundstage goes down the drain. We did run them breifly at full range when he first got them, just running them off a bookshelf stereo. They seemed pretty smooth on up till they just dropped off. They seemed musical enough, but they didn't have a wide enough frequency range to make them musically useful except for pretty much sub duty. They seemed to prefer a lot of power too. My bookshelf stereo's amp was cutting off. I've run a pair of 12" home speakers with it without that happening(ghetto home theater, lol), 8ohm versus 4ohm(or maybe 2) of course. I don't recall if he ghetto rigged his amp(pc for audio source, pc power supply for juice to amp, in house and on the floor) and listened to them prior to install. He did with his components, but I don't recall the 6" subs...so I can't say anything about full range with power.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts