DIYMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1,343 Posts
Meh, just slap it in the box and play it. That will tell you what you need to know.
honestly you would be better off calling fox acoustics and see what they recommend and use. They have modeled that box for a certain sub.
also, more important than a bit big or small is the port tune. A lot of boxes come tuned from mid 30s to 45hz.

The subs they recommend are listed in the listing for the box. And it’s tuned at 35. Get one of the recommended subs and you will be golden.

Maldonado of the subs listen I would recommend the jl audio 10w1. If I’m going with a cheap/less expensive sub I’ll use jl every time. The filter down all the best stuff they come up with down to their lower lines after the new pixie dust goes away. I’m not a huge jl fan but for lower end subs they’re are very hard to beat. That’s just my opinion. I put a pair in both my kids vehicles and they beat them todeath and they never flinched. I used the 10/12 w0 subs.

· Registered
1,343 Posts
At $280 I’ll stay away from the 10w1. I was looking at a Sundown SLD10

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
that’s fine but the subs they suggest are on the site and they suggest them for a reason. I know you know this but the sun you mentioned is not one of them. Did you look at the specs and the list for the box?

Air space: 1.3 cubic feet
Port tune frequency: 35hz

RECOMMENDED SUBS:
SUNDOWN Ev3 10 (requires a 0.25 spacer ring)
JL AUDIO 10W1
MEMPHIS BR10
KICKER COMPR
SKAR VD-10
PUNCH P3S 10

1 - 3 of 3 Posts