DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8,979 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love, LOVE my ZR800-CWs but I don't have nearly enough power to really drive them. :( They're only seeing 100 WPC and unless I add a second 650.6 so they'll see 360 WPC (which I don't even know if I have the room for) I'll probably have to change them out. :(:(

As a comparison I had the Dayton RS225s in before them and liked them but they're less controlled and seem to be more of a woofer than a midbass driver, if that makes sense. Ideally I'd like something that sounds like my JLs...just much more efficient.

My only requirements are that they HAVE to be 2 or 4 Ohm drivers unless it's the most efficient 8 Ohm driver I've ever seen.

Thanks guys!

Paul

·
Premium Member
6,214 Posts
Cannot recommend anything really efficient besides JBL old woofers... However if you can wait (let's say 6 months lol), Image Dynamics is coming with the X8 which should be 93-94dB efficient 1w/1m.

Just my .02 cents...
Kelvin

·
Registered
8,979 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Waiting isn't really an option. I leave for Germany in about a month. Ok, waiting IS an option...just a more expensive one.

·
Registered
962 Posts
The pro sound service guys are top notch. If they can't get the 4 ohm driver above special ordered at no extra cost, I don't think anyone would be able too.

·
Registered
178 Posts
Off the top of my head, I think IDQ 8 was in the 89-91 range. Time to buy another midbass amp, bridge them both and give each side its own amp ;)

·
Registered
8,979 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The B&C 8NDL51s can be special ordered as a 4 ohm driver. They have good excurison, sensitivity, and SQ. Give the guys at Pro Sound Service Pro Sound Service AV Sales Service Install 877-776-7631 a call.
The pro sound service guys are top notch. If they can't get the 4 ohm driver above special ordered at no extra cost, I don't think anyone would be able too.
Funny, that's exactly the driver I'm zeroing in on. lol

Off the top of my head, I think IDQ 8 was in the 89-91 range. Time to buy another midbass amp, bridge them both and give each side its own amp ;)

Not an option. I don't have the room or I'd have done that already. :D

·
Registered
8,979 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'll take a spot for my wife to sit over an amp any day of the week and twice on Sunday. She's been gone 15 months...she gets a seat. ;)

·
I'm baaaack!!
4,397 Posts
I'll take a spot for my wife to sit over an amp any day of the week and twice on Sunday. She's been gone 15 months...she gets a seat. ;)
You really need to quit throwing the easy to hit pitches bro. I'm going to be nice and leave this one alone. By the way, tell your lovely wife that we said hey next time you talk to her.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts