DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got a set of Hertz HSK 165xl's that I want to run active for my front stage. I have an AudioControl DQXS to split the front, but how much power should I give the separates to make them really sing?

As for amps I have right now, I have a sundown sax100.4, a sundown sax200.4, a digital designs s4a, and a zapco 9.0xd. I was thinking of running the 200.4 to the front mids and the rear hsk 130 set that I'll run passive, and then using the 100.4 to run the ht 28's up front. but I'm thinking that may not be enough. If I used the front channels on the 200.4 to run the ht 28's and the then bridged the 100.4 to 320x2 for the mids, would that be over kill for the hsk's? another option I was leaning towards was ditching the sundown amps altogether and getting a s4b to run the 165xl's on (120x2 for the ht28's, and 240x2 for the 165's), and then a dd c3b for the rear 130's....

Hopefully someone more familiar with the HSK's will chime in and offer some input. this isn't a 100% sq install. Just something that is very pleasing to the ears for a my daily ride. Subs will be 2 SSA XCON 15's in a sealed enclosure, possibly on that previously mentioned 9.0xd, a dd m4, or a sundown saz3500 that I have in my closet.

My listening taste is very broad. Mostly I listen to metal, but I have been known to stray into jazz, and some dance pop from the 80's and 90's. I like a strong low end and crisp highs. Vehicle is a trailblazer ext with the 3rd row seating that I'm keeping.

·
Registered
1,587 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't see how it's an install question. I'm asking which amps might work best. I have the sundown amps but their thd seems high compared to digital designs.

·
Super Moderator
5,227 Posts
The "help me choose equipment" is not what you are doing; you already have the equipment, but you want to know how to set it up or in other words, how to install it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts