DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I first want to thank Dewayne Bollers at Sound Depot and Performance in Gainesville, Fl.,. he did all the fabrication. Excellent professional. really informed me through the whole process.
made sure i was ok with everything from the beginning. Took him 3 days to do the install:eek: .

As some of you know, i stated with the sound system upgrade about 4 months ago. the first phase was installing the alpine hub with the cd changer, ipod, and navigation.
http://forums.e60.net/index.php?showtopic=37889&hl=

The second phase was choosing the speakers, sub, and amps. really happy i took the plunge with some of the very best top of the line name brands. you really get what you pay for.
although i went over budget by several thousand of dollars, but im glad i did. glad i didn't cut corner anywhere, from wiring to misc stuff.

Big thanks to Manny for the sub, you were right, the rainbow sub is one of the best SQ sub out there. I couldnt believe at what i was hearing. and chadillac3 for one of the audison amps.

The third phase was sound deadening the trunk and doors and run the wires which me and my buddy did a couple of weeks ago.

And then i took El BIMMER with the interior completely stripped to Gainesville in my buddy tow truck cool:D

Got bunch of pics of all the process, from the sound deadening to the fabrication process that i will upload in the next couple of days.
for now heres a couple of pics i got on my phone.

Will take some more pics on my camera of the finish install tomorrow.

Will take the car to Steve Head From AUDIONUTZ,:D to tune it for me.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
question on your system...if you have aftermarket head unit/processors, why did you use the JL Cleansweep?
what you see is the c701 processor controller.. im using the factory system along with the alpine hub.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have to use it because the factory system signal sends a highly equalized singal into the alpine hub. with the cleansweep It sends a flat signal to the hub.

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.