DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
18,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It looks like Amazon is having a blowout on these! Amazon is $332.49/each, $665/pair. Whereas other sites like Crutchfield and BB have them for $580/each, $1160/pair. Honestly, that's cheap enough to make me want to buy a set and I don't even remotely have a need for them.
Link Here

I haven't used these myself but I did order the bookshelves a few years back, but they had a cosmetic issue so I sent them back and just took a refund.

I will say the concentric design yields a better soundstage, a more 3-D soundstage, than other designs like an MT or MTM. That's something that just can't be replicated with a standard MTM or MT design. Soundstage is a huge factor for me. With most AVRs you can correct for tonality easily via the auto-eq but you can't fix polar response issues at the crossover caused by the non-coincidental mounting. And that's the big advantage coincident mid/tweeter designs like the ELAC offer.

I pulled up some reviews and all are very positive, as expected.
This guy's reviews are always excellent: Review: ELAC Uni-Fi UF5 floor standing speakers | Part-Time Audiophile

If any of you guys are looking for a nice set of speakers for home audio use I'd say jump on these at this price.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
agreed on the concentric drivers. i have a pair of NIB kef uni q that i want to use in one of the cars, stave doesn't like them for some reason

·
18,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
agreed on the concentric drivers. i have a pair of NIB kef uni q that i want to use in one of the cars, stave doesn't like them for some reason
Well, he's had a little experience with them through me. Maybe that's what he's basing it on. Not sure. But when I used the ones I had I was quite fond of them.

·
Registered
1,073 Posts
Well, he's had a little experience with them through me. Maybe that's what he's basing it on. Not sure. But when I used the ones I had I was quite fond of them.
i have a NIB pair from the kef blade, which did u use

·
18,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
the ones from the r100/r300/r500.

The blades would have been easier to install with that neo magnet. The ones I used had a HUGE ferrite magnet on them.

If you ever consider selling the ones from the Blade let me know. I'd love to get my hands on them to test.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Saw that deal and almost pulled the trigger but I'm dead set on saving up to give some Ohm Walsh towers a try.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts