DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
i considered getting one of these. keep us updated, i'd love to hear how these sound!

·
Registered
615 Posts
I heavily considered one of those also, especially since the Accord already has an 8" IB sub in the deck. But damn, I already have 2 unused subs taking up space in the attic!

·
Registered
4,102 Posts
Ordered a pair for my wifes car IB, the DLS OA8's will be up for sale :)

you think these will be better ? or just cheaper?

I still need to get some 8's for my deck.

·
Registered
4,102 Posts
Not better, just cheaper. Want some OA8's? :) I'll make you a nice deal.

ok, thats about what I figure.

But unfortunately your good deal is still going to be more than the ED so it wont work for me. I am on a budget myself.

thanks for offer though

·
Registered
4,102 Posts

·
Registered
4,102 Posts
Try something new
Kind of thought you would say that. Had I not picked up two car doors yesterday at junkyard I would be all over that offer.

I had a scrape on my passenger doors I needed to get fixed at bodyshop and I found my exact car yesterday with both doors I needed. Cheaper to swap doors than do bodywork.

·
Registered
3,154 Posts
If these are like the older 9kv.2s then they are some of the best sq 8s (or any size) I have ever used. I ran 4 of them a long time ago, they were superb. If these are on par with the old your will likely be very pleased!

·
Registered
316 Posts
If these are like the older 9kv.2s then they are some of the best sq 8s (or any size) I have ever used. I ran 4 of them a long time ago, they were superb. If these are on par with the old your will likely be very pleased!
Good chance they are not.

There was a time when eD's subs were made in the same build house as ID (likely, when you had your 9kv.2), but that's longgggg ago. :mean:

·
Registered
116 Posts
I've got an old dual 8 sealed fiberglass box sitting in my basement. I wonder how a pair would sound compared to my current Blue Thunder 10"?

D2 and D4 are 2 and 4 ohm voice coils, yes? I looked at the spec page but it doesn't indicate impedance.

·
Banned
183 Posts
I use to like ED products
when i got my last order and 4 of 8 subs misligned, 1 with tinsel lead damaged, and 2 subs as dual 4 instead of dual 2........i lost ALL faith in ED
lots of other people having issues with the company just search

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Haven't yet put them in, swapped amps on my wifes car and found out it was the amp that was in that was making them sound pretty bad, for now she's happy with the OA8's so I left them in, might put he eD's in in the next few days though.

·
Registered
1,755 Posts
Just an update, I did put in the ED's and they sound pretty good but I'm going to be changing a few things in her car soon and retuning so I'll give better idea of how they sound just gotta wait for some custom pieces and time to re-wire.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts