DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
977 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just thinking about what it might do if I were to place a 12" sub in a ported box under my bunk. There is about 8-10ft^3 free air in that space and is sealed off from the sleeper and cab by a fairly stout 3/4" - 1" thick wood and carpet. But has a slotted vent facing the sleeper that is like an ac/heater duct cover in your house (but is like 1.5' by 3" in dimensions.

Or would a different box work better to hold the sub. I can't cut the walls in anyway as it has to be returned in the same condition I got it in, so infinite baffle won't work unfortunately (I think)

If nothing else I'll just leave my bed up and open to the cab, but my dog would NOT be happy with her bed being unavailable.

·
Registered
977 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dog food and hamper of dirty clothes! And tons of vibration noise I'm thinking.

I could put my shallow 10s behind my seats but have plans for those subs. I had the thought of putting my 12 in front of my front seat pointing towards me. Or well oriented in any direction really.

·
Registered
977 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm thinking of adding mids and tweets but in add on enclosures. In this truck there are 4 - 5.5" or 6.5" midbasss and it looks like a pair of 2" mids in this truck. The 2"s and a pair of mid bass are set in the trim above each door a foot or so above my head.

Second pair of 6s are on the back of the sleeper wall about head level if you were sitting on the bunk. Doesn't seem like ideal placements.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts