DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had posted this in a different forum hoping to get a build design and suggestions for my situation. It was there for like a week but I never got a response (Out of respect I'm not gonna name or slander this forum, not my style) But I recently got quick responses on a different questoin I had and am gonna try to re-post this here. I am looking more for advice from somebody that may have done or seen a similar enclosure built for this style mustang, but at this point any suggestions would be greatly appraciated!

2004 Mustang GT coupe

Digital designs 3515c 1 sub

Currently I only have a Cerwin-Vega SX500.1 which puts out 500x1 @ 1 ohm , but I intend on upgrading soon, but thats gonna powering it until then.

Goal. SQL

ported

Sub/port placement: To be honest, not too sure of what my options are!?!? Probably sub facing up, unless i can squeeze in vertically facing rear, which would be my preference.

Max dimensions:35"w x ~15"h?? x ~15-16"d???

want deep lows

11) Additional comments:I am hoping for some advice on what would be best, I'm not sure of what depth or height I can get away with. I am currently in Afghanistan so I can't give exact measurements, but I get home from deployment in a few weeks. While I was on R&R I raced to put together several componets that I bought while in Afghanistan and just had them shipped to my wife's/my house. I wound up getting a simple Kenwod Excelon deck, infinity kappa 5x7's up front, DD cxs6.5's in the rear deck(using those goofy adapter plates) and 2 old school punch He2 10's with the Cerwin-Vega SX500.1 powering them.The subs sound good, but I desire more. I got a good deal on a 3515c and was hoping to get a box design that wouldn't compromise my whole trunk. If somebody has seen/done a single 15" enclosure that uses just that rear portion of my trunk I would love to get any ideas/advice on this! But I am just looking for a design to give me a good beer drinking project during my block leave (30 day post deployment vacation). I removed that stock plastic rear deck that holds the 5x7's and amps, so i have a little extra room as far as height but not that much!

·
Registered
1,291 Posts
Flare ports will keep your enclosure compact compared to a slot port.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts