DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
332 Posts
In on this. I researched sub options for a F15 as well. Decided on two SIBM 5's going in an enclosure of 27x17x7.5. Thought about two IDQ 12's as well because they dont need a back vent. Thought about a 27x27 enclosure for 3 SIBM's as well.

·
Registered
332 Posts
I came across that awhile ago while searching. The shop that did it is not that far from me. Im wondering if I am going to be able to fit my amps in the spare tire area with my subs or if Ill have to install them along the side like that install.

Still waiting for a helix sdmi25 to get in, its been on back order for literally two months. Everything else is ready to go.

·
Registered
702 Posts
I came across that awhile ago while searching. The shop that did it is not that far from me. Im wondering if I am going to be able to fit my amps in the spare tire area with my subs or if Ill have to install them along the side like that install.

Still waiting for a helix sdmi25 to get in, its been on back order for literally two months. Everything else is ready to go.
The amps are in the spare tire area with the subs in that build. The side panel holds the processor and mObridge preamp.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Why no just get a mObridge DA1?
It's exactly the same thing... and readily available.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Here are a couple pictures of my progress on an enclosure for a Scan Speak Revelator 28W/4878T00. I need to figure out how to complete the notch I needed to add in order to fit over a raised portion in the front center floor of the storage compartment. The pieces are just dry fit for now. I'll edge trim the side boards flush after I glue it or possibly after putting some screws in for a test fit.

I was able to get 1 inch of clearance on the high side of the magnet but since the top slopes, a bit less on the low side. It should end up with at least 1.3 cubic feet, maybe a little more. I should have enough clearance between the sub-woofer cone and the storage lid and can route out some of the MDF if needed to clear the cover arm and storage frame corners.

Last concern is sliding it in; will it bind on the cover frame? I plan on lining it up, screwing it together and seeing how it fits before I glue it.

Enclosure_2_72pi.jpg
Enclosure_4_72pi.jpg

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #28 (Edited)
I think I am close. I may need to sand down a few areas to make sure the enclosure doesn't touch any of the metal frame or secure it to the frame to minimize rattles. I was pretty nervous testing the first fit and needed to take some material off the back high end. A one inch round router bit did the trick. I may take it down a bit more with a sander. No issue since the top is a 1 1/2 inch MDF/Baltic birch sandwich. For some reason the high end doesn't fit flush to the floor.

X6_Sub_test4_1000p.jpg

I painted it anyway but it will be carpeted to match the storage carpet.

X6_Sub_painted_1000pi.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
702 Posts
Midway, any updates? Looking forward to hearing your impressions of the Scanspeak sub.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Midway, any updates? Looking forward to hearing your impressions of the Scanspeak sub.
I drop the X6 off at the installer Monday, January 20th and they will have it until late afternoon Friday.They have some work to do and I am looking forward to hearing it myself.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #31
X6 carpeted enclosure_640.jpg

21 - 31 of 31 Posts