DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Planning my install for Esotar 430 mid. My plan is to put them in the A pillar with my supremo piccolos. A quick calculation shows a critically damped enclosure volume of 250cc (0.009 cuft). Muttered about this to a potential installer who said they never put them in an enclosure. Has anyone had experience with this? Seems to me that a 250ml enclosure would be a piece of cake, even in the A pillar. Spent enough on the drivers not to shirk on the install. Maths says it would be much better like this, but I lack the practical experience. Grateful for some input

·
Registered
3,437 Posts
I have installed them both ways. I would recommend the enclosure, although the difference isn't as big as you would think. Just make sure that there is enough room behind the magnet (due to the vent) so you don't choke off the speaker. If you do the enclosure, I would line it with non-hardening clay and make sure the enclosure is thick/strong enough.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have installed them both ways. I would recommend the enclosure, although the difference isn't as big as you would think. Just make sure that there is enough room behind the magnet (due to the vent) so you don't choke off the speaker. If you do the enclosure, I would line it with non-hardening clay and make sure the enclosure is thick/strong enough.
Thanks Jerry. What volumes did you use when you did make the enclosure? If there was a variation, did you think that there was a particular size at which they sounded best?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts