DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 376 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Lets try and keep this thread on topic as much as possible.
It will be updated as we get closer to the date with more and more info.

Sept 16, 2012
Union Station
Pottsville,PA

MECA 3X Regional Event (MD,PA,NY,NJ State Finals) SQL Classes,SQ2,SPL and Show and Shine

IASCA 2x event. SQC,IQC, IDBL and Bassboxing

Top 20+ SQ ONLY ROUND w Cash Prizes for top 5.
Awards for all participants
6-10th place will receive manufacturer and vendor prizes
5-2nd will be Cash prizes (depending on number of entries)
1st place Champion should be $350+ (depending on number of entries)

I am bringing in the best SQ Judge(s) I can find (and afford) for this event.
Thus far I have confirmed Alberto Lopez to judge. Alberto is a former IASCA Champion, World Champion installer installer and tuner. He is the owner of Luxicor which owns Ixos Cable company in the US.
He is a human RTA and a tremendous resource on audio.

I am working on securing at least one other, if 2 other judges for this event.

***you must enter either MECA or IASCA SQ event to enter Top 20***

This is an outdoor event--please bring EZ Up tents If you want to stay out of the sun.
There will be limited number of power available, so bring some long extension cords if you need to charge or use a power supply.

In addition to all the above Car Audio competitions we will be bringing back some additional fun to Car Audio competition.

Radio Throwing contest--entry fee= bring an old radio you no longer want. see how far you can throw it.
Winner will walk away with a brand new head unit donated from a supporting manufacturer.

Subwoofer throwing contest ---bring you old subwoofer (must be a fully intact subwoofer, not partial builds to reduce weight)
We may break this up into 2 classes-- 8-10" and 12" and above.
Winner walks away with a brand new subwoofer donated by a supporting manufacturer.

Pizza eating Contest---How fast Can you eat a whole Large or Xl Pizza..and keep it down?
Lets find out.!!!
We will accommodate as many entries as we can sit at a table
Winner eats for Free and gets some sort of award TBD

this thread will be updated with confirmed Hotel Information. There are 3 hotels in the area which are willing to help us out.

Lots more information to come

Preregistration will open in late July

·
Premium Member
3,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
*update*

We will be doing a TOP SPL Minute to Win It round.

OPEN Class--Loudest vehicle wins.

Bassboxing style
Mic placement at the dash
All doors and windows closed.
Music ONLY

60second average.

Tie Breaker--same as above except Passenger door Open.

·
Premium Member
3,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You're holding the microphone on the dash for the SPLers? :)
there are advantages to being short:D

It would be great if you could make this event Kirk

·
Registered
413 Posts
Sounds cool: but getting a single judge to sit 20+ cars after Meca and IASCA judging it would run very late may have to make it a 2 day affair. Just my $.02

·
Mobile Audio SQ
3,359 Posts
Sounds cool: but getting a single judge to sit 20+ cars after Meca and IASCA judging it would run very late may have to make it a 2 day affair. Just my $.02
Chris, there will be teams of judges, one 3 man team for MECA, a team for IASCA(Yeti can handle that one) and a team for the Top 20, (either 2 or 3 judges). Your car will be judged all day on and off so be sure you are ready at any time to have people coming in and out of it. We are planning on starting judging for MECA at 9ish in the morning with the Top 20 shortly once SQ judging is done. For SPL we will be starting at 10 AM SHARP as well with judging happening in a seperate area of the lot.

·
Premium Member
3,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
As Howard said. Sq judging will begin at 9am,10am at the latest and if you were to enter meca iasca and top 20 you will have 6 judges in and out all day long. This is the way that its been done very successfully at elite summer nationals and other events.

If you want to honestly know where and how your vehicle stands amongst the rest,this is THE show to find out

·
Registered
360 Posts
Craaaaaaaaaap, this looks awesome, I wish I didnt already have plans for that weekend. If it were any one there weekend in september I would have totally made the drive down.

·
Premium Member
3,760 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Craaaaaaaaaap, this looks awesome, I wish I didnt already have plans for that weekend. If it were any one there weekend in september I would have totally made the drive down.
um, change your plans.:D
We'd love to have you come down and bring some others with you.
This will be a great event

·
Mobile Audio SQ
3,359 Posts
Long drive for me!

Via I-81 N

12 hrs 56 mins / 802.36 miles

That is why we are working on discounts on a few hotels in the area. Caravan up with Cook and the crew from ALA-BAMA

1 - 20 of 376 Posts