DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am contemplating between either a Rockford Fosgate Punch P1 which is $65 and 150watts rms

or

RE audio RE series which is $49 and 175watts rms.

I will be powering it with 200watts rms and it will be going in a very small box, which is why I am leaning towards the RE10.

·
Registered
360 Posts
personally, ive heard the p1's in several setups and hate them. ive heard much praise about the re subs though.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I'd go with the Image Dynamics CTX 10 at $99 shipped personally. By the time you ship the others you'll be in the ballpark pricewise, but in a different league all together on quality.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I'd go with the Image Dynamics CTX 10 at $99 shipped personally. By the time you ship the others you'll be in the ballpark pricewise, but in a different league all together on quality.
The SQ from Image Dynamics is great. It is more "snappy" than "boomy" but I would consider it very accurate. Very good for rock in my opinion.

·
Registered
56 Posts
You know there's a lot of choices you have for that budget. There's a lot on the market and most are good for particular listeners. I myself like the Image Dynamics CTX 10 for the price and quality of it. Like he said, you can find it for 99 brand new and shipped.

·
Registered
7,203 Posts
Seconding the RSD. Especially the RSDc.

·
Registered
754 Posts
JL w1 is another inexpensive option that would be happy off 200 watts.

·
Registered
7,203 Posts
I also have a pair of JL 10W3's (old school) in pretty decent shape and certainly 100% mechanical shape that I can sell, if you like. The only thing is they don't like super small boxes. Probably .65 gross would be as low as I would go.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.