DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering if anyone knows about Eric Stevens from Image Dynamics starting his own company or not? I heard rumors about this. Is this true? I really hope he does. Any info would be great.

·
Premium Member
2,109 Posts
yes he is. he's in knee deep making new designs and tooling and all that fun stuff. when he's ready to come out he'll have a LINE not just one or two products.

with that said if it's horns you want he still does that just contact him via here.

·
Premium Member
2,109 Posts
Eric never called me...buster.
he dont' call me either but i bug the **** outa him..... so no worries guys i keep on him daily to get us some great products :D

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yes he is. he's in knee deep making new designs and tooling and all that fun stuff. when he's ready to come out he'll have a LINE not just one or two products.

with that said if it's horns you want he still does that just contact him via here.
Cool, no im good on speakers right now but I would like to keep an eye out cause whenever I switch my set up I would like to go with something else Eric made. Good news. Any ideas for the company name yet? :D

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I would like to see some 15s or 18s similar to the idmax. Maybe a bigger voice coil. I would also like to see some class d amps. YES i do like spl too but you cant beat ID sq so i do use the idmaxs for competitions. So far 142.4 @ 38hz. So i think Eric could have a better customer base if he made sq and "sql" gear. Just something to think about.

·
Registered
173 Posts
How about an 18" DVC sub, with 6" voice coils wrapped with silver wire, flat carbon fiber cone, about 480 ounce neodymium magnet, and xmax around 100mm P-P. And get it into retail channels at around $300

/puts down the crackpipe :)

·
Premium Member
6,214 Posts
I would like to see some 15s or 18s similar to the idmax. Maybe a bigger voice coil. I would also like to see some class d amps. YES i do like spl too but you cant beat ID sq so i do use the idmaxs for competitions. So far 142.4 @ 38hz. So i think Eric could have a better customer base if he made sq and "sql" gear. Just something to think about.
Having talked to Eric a couple of times, I don't think you'll see what you're asking. He's really not an SPL guy and 2x12" is enough SPL in his opinion...
Class D? Nope coz he only believes in A/B even for subwoofers.

Sorry,
Kelvin

·
Registered
173 Posts
Kelvin, I agree. SPL was not something targeted as the end goal for Eric's products, if you look at almost all of his designs, the main focus was on accurate sound reproduction first and SPL as an added benefit.

In reality, if you do not have a 100% show/contest car, 2x12" subs should be more than plenty for 99.999999% of people. I've got fond memories of my brother's 2x12" IDQs on a Rockford 1000A2 in his Tahoe. Very impressive.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Having talked to Eric a couple of times, I don't think you'll see what you're asking. He's really not an SPL guy and 2x12" is enough SPL in his opinion...
Class D? Nope coz he only believes in A/B even for subwoofers.

Sorry,
Kelvin
Dont get me wrong i love ab amps but i also love the effientcy of class d. Maybe he could do a class t or class bd like rf has. And your right 142 db is plenty of spl for me but in meca its not as impressive. But whatever id rather has sq than spl anyway.

·
Premium Member
6,214 Posts
Dont get me wrong i love ab amps but i also love the effientcy of class d. Maybe he could do a class t or class bd like rf has. And your right 142 db is plenty of spl for me but in meca its not as impressive. But whatever id rather has sq than spl anyway.
Sean's ID demo car had 2 x IDmax 12" sealed each powered by 1 x Q1200.1 @ 1 ohm - it did everything gracefully on SQ type of songs but when Matt put a Bass Mechanic CD (without touching anything setup wise), I literally got "taped to the seat" by the pressure those 2 IDmax exerted. Brutal yet not loud to the ear ; really a strange feeling. Ohh, the slam always came from the front, with no audible distortion even though the subs were in the cabin with you...

Kelvin

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Sean's ID demo car had 2 x IDmax 12" sealed each powered by 1 x Q1200.1 @ 1 ohm - it did everything gracefully on SQ type of songs but when Matt put a Bass Mechanic CD (without touching anything setup wise), I literally got "taped to the seat" by the pressure those 2 IDmax exerted. Brutal yet not loud to the ear ; really a strange feeling. Ohh, the slam always came from the front, with no audible distortion even though the subs were in the cabin with you...

Kelvin
Yeah my setups a little different so i have to contend with trunk rattle but i just bought some alpha damp. Im hoping that helps. I might get some luxury liner too. Oh i attached a pic of my set up btw.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,109 Posts
i'm runnin 2 IDQ12s with my Q1200 and it has plenty of spl to keep up with them around here and i keep my sub at -10 and gain all the way down.

·
Registered
1,984 Posts
Hell for me a single idmax powered by q1200.1 at 2 ohms is more than enough. I pulled a 143.7 out of mine just for ****s and gigs. I now run a single brand x 12 at 4 ohms on my 1200 and its the perfect amount.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Well from your past I know your a big fan of sq....was curious if you plan on make a nice sql 12" driver....I'm looking to get one in about a month or more

1 - 20 of 65 Posts