DiyMobileAudio.com Car Stereo Forum banner

121 - 126 of 126 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,176 Posts
5mm one way is more in line with everyone else’s take... at a push you could say they’d labelled it as xmech p-p or as you found 9.3mm one way due to compliance limit... but even then it’s a stretch as it says xmax... depends how they measured... but doing it a way that’s dissimilar to everyone else throws doubt on other stats 🙈 I’ll stick with my hybrid audio U69v2
Deriding Audio Development for inaccurate Xmax claims and then lauding Hybrid as if they are a shining example of accuracy in the same category might not be the wisest of decisions. Hybrid claims 8.5mm Xmax on the L6SE and it was klippel tested by Erin and shown to be distortion limited to 3.2mm of Xmax.🤷‍♂️

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
Deriding Audio Development for inaccurate Xmax claims and then lauding Hybrid as if they are a shining example of accuracy in the same category might not be the wisest of decisions. Hybrid claims 8.5mm Xmax on the L6SE and it was klippel tested by Erin and shown to be distortion limited to 3.2mm of Xmax.🤷‍♂️
I’m not deriding anyone, merely explaining how they may have come to there conclusions... albeit incorrectly labelled

do you have a link to the L6se test... much prefer the L65 as a midbass 👍🏼 The u69 fits my space available though 👍🏼

·
Premium Member
9,176 Posts
I’m not deriding anyone, merely explaining how they may have come to there conclusions... albeit incorrectly labelled

do you have a link to the L6se test... much prefer the L65 as a midbass 👍🏼 The u69 fits my space available though 👍🏼
Hybrid Audio L6SE Klippel Testing

·
Registered
3,536 Posts
I thought it was interesting that Technics entered the concentric/coaxial driver game with their high-end $5,000 SB-G90 home tower speakers.

Technics SB-G90 Tower Speakers

I don't know how you would be able to remove the individual drivers for testing with their unique cabinet design.

The literature does mention copper and aluminum shorting rings in the driver design.

·
Registered
3,536 Posts
Interesting.
Well, keep in mind that Technics is just a division of Panasonic, so there's that. :p I've never been seriously impressed with anything from them except for their iconic SL-1200 series direct-drive turntables, of course.

And I haven't heard these speakers, and while I would expect them to sound "really good" to the general public, I wouldn't be surprised if they exhibited some objective and subjective performance issues.

There's really not much information in either regard out there that I could find, and that of course could be an indicator of performance, good or bad, haha.

I was just intrigued because they seem to have developed this proprietary MF/HF concentric driver just for their high-end line of loudspeakers.

121 - 126 of 126 Posts